Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Tyres again  (Read 346 times)

Offline Corringdon

• Crossrunner Member
  • Loving it all
  • Bike: 2019 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Tiverton, Devon
Tyres again
on: February 16, 2020, 03:43:41 PM
My 2019 Crossrunner came fitted with Bridgestone A40’s. This was to be my first experience with an adventure type (90/10) tyre and I’m not too impressed. They seem very hard over uneven road surfaces (Devon has an abundance of them) and lowering the suspension a couple of notches made no difference. I’m running the recommended 36/42 pressures. I’ll see how things go but at present I feel like changing them.
I’ve read a lot of the posts on different tyres and looked at the tyre manufacturers ramblings on how good their tyres are. Three impress me; Avon Spirit, Bridgestone T31, and the Dunlop Roadsmart 3.
Advice from all you experienced Crossrunner owners would be greatly appreciated.
A few of my past bikes. Lambretta LD 150 - Norton ES2 - Norton 650SS - Velocette Venom - Velocette Thruxton Venom - Kawasaki ST 1100 - Kawasaki Z1100 B2 - Honda NSS.

Offline Skids

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2018 800X
  • City / Town: Hitchin
Re: Tyres again
Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 04:22:06 PM
Tyre choice is a very personal thing and also depends upon your riding style and what exactly you do on your bike.

You said you were a fair weather rider. I ride in almost all weathers so my choice of tyre (Roadtec 1) probably won't suit you.
1 VFR simply isnt enough! Crossrunner for commuting, VFR1200F for summer fun.

Online voodoo

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: RC80
  • City / Town: The Hague
Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 04:41:14 PM
I have good experience with Pirelli Angel GT, Dunlop roadsmart 3 and Michelin road 5.
Dunlop being best at longevety (might have misspelled this one), Michelin being jack of all trades (and master of none) and Pirelli my favourite for "feel" and cornering.
Overall I prefer the Pirelli's.
Stop making sense

Offline Corringdon

• Crossrunner Member
  • Loving it all
  • Bike: 2019 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Tiverton, Devon
Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 04:52:33 PM
Being retired, Skids, I only go out when there’s no chance of rain or ice. I don’t mind the cold as long as there’s no ice.
In Devon we have a lot of twisty A and B roads and I love hammering around these. Mind you I have to keep the eyes peeled for any farm crud or cow crap.
I do hardly any motorway riding, perhaps once a month on the Devon section of the M5, but quite a bit on major A roads like the A30 and the A38.

Many thanks for your recommendation, Voodoo.
A few of my past bikes. Lambretta LD 150 - Norton ES2 - Norton 650SS - Velocette Venom - Velocette Thruxton Venom - Kawasaki ST 1100 - Kawasaki Z1100 B2 - Honda NSS.

* Recent Topics