Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: New Product for 2015-2016 VFR800X Crossrunner  (Read 234 times)

Offline RichardPB

• Powerbronze - Forum Sponsor
  • Crossrunner Member
  • City / Town: Littlehampton
New Product for 2015-2016 VFR800X Crossrunner
on: February 28, 2020, 05:26:18 PM
Good afternoon Everyone,

With the help of one you wonderful Crossrunner riders from this forum, Scimitar, we have developed a new product for the 2015 - 2016 model VFR800X Crossrunner.

Powerblades are a new range of adjustable screens designed and manufactured by Powerbronze.

A must have item to protect you against wind and buffeting whilst riding.

They are bike specific and simple to install. The design offers 2 ranges of movement. The screen angle can be adjusted back or forward. The height can be adjusted up and down allowing you to get the best setting for optimal riding comfort.

Each Powerblade comes with adjustable bracket assembly which includes bike specific mounting plate and 2 different height screens.

Screens are available in Light Tint or Clear.

Priced at £195, you can get 10% off by using the UKFORUM1 discount code as shown in the screenshot below.

Click below to view the listing on our website and place your order.
https://www.powerbronze.co.uk/honda-vfr800x-crossrunner-15-16-480-h109.html

If you do order, please send me a private message with your order number and your name so I can keep track of the order for you.

Many thanks to Ian (Scimitar) for helping us with this development.

His bike is shown below during the photoshoot we did for the Crossrunner Powerblade.

Have a good weekend.

All the best,
Richard

Visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Powerbronze and like the page

Offline CBM

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2017 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: NW London
Re: New Product for 2015-2016 VFR800X Crossrunner
Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 11:58:30 PM
Hmmm, looks "lovely" and only £195 too 🤣🤣🤣, you're havin' a bubble :112:
Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 12:06:20 AM by CBM

Online voodoo

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: RC80
  • City / Town: The Hague
Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 03:37:03 PM
Does look a bit like a combo of Palmer adjuster and givi airflow, but at a slightly lower price. I do see the plus side of it.

It is that I allready have the Palmer/airflow combo, otherwise I would be interested.
Stop making sense

Offline Scimitar

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800X
  • City / Town: Pulborough
Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 05:42:02 PM
*Originally Posted by voodoo [+]
Does look a bit like a combo of Palmer adjuster and givi airflow, but at a slightly lower price. I do see the plus side of it.

It is that I allready have the Palmer/airflow combo, otherwise I would be interested.

Since Powerbronze are only a few miles away from me, I called in one day just to see what they had to offer. Richard was very helpful and, after contacting his MD, asked me if I could spare the bike, so that they could design a base screen to suit the CR.

Apparently the "Powerblade" series is generic in that all makes of bike get the same two top screens, a 455mm tall and an even taller one at around 600mm from memory. The 'bike-specific' bit is in the design of the adjusting plate device and the base screen.

So Powerbronze were able to design and build suitable base screens and brackets to fit the CR, using my donor bike as the template.

Even if you were well over 6' tall, I suspect that you would be looking through the taller screen. For me at 5'6" the short screen, set at its lowest level, was just right – I could see over the top to a point on the road about 50' ahead. Wind protection is on par with a Givi Airflow but with better helmet protection (less noise and buffeting).

I have only ridden 10 miles so far and sadly been house-bound ever since with flu. This will not be my final attempt at screen Nirvana but so far it has proved slightly superior to my Givi Airflow/ Palmer set-up and a bit less 'fugly'. Mindful of v8guy's rusty Powerbronze brackets, I'll probably get ACF50 on the case.
Who in their right mind would design a vehicle that falls over when it stops?

* Recent Topics