Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Which cover fits without topbox and panniers?  (Read 836 times)

Offline JasonH

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: VFR800X
  • City / Town: Brighton
Which cover fits without topbox and panniers?
on: March 05, 2020, 04:00:55 PM
Hi,

Looking to buy a cover to fit my Crossrunner, that is a good fit without excess material. Specifically, I won’t have a topbox nor panniers and would like the cover to be a good fit to the bike without a topbox and panniers fitted. The wind speed is quite high where I live, which is fine, provided the cover isn’t acting like a sail with excess flappy material.

A lot of online companies seem to be selling covers claiming a tailored or perfect fit, but these are mostly universal type covers. It doesn’t help also, when a generic picture is shown, so you can’t see what you’re truly buying.

Need something decent that’ll last and keep the bike protected in all weathers, as well as a lighter weight cover for when out and about, mainly to keep the bike out of sight of prying eyes.

Any suggestions for which bike covers and sizes gratefully welcomed.

Thanks,
Jason

Online Bruggen

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Crossrunner 2016
  • City / Town: Redhill
Re: Which cover fits without topbox and panniers?
Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 09:44:27 PM
I use the Oxford Aquatex Large with top box, you could use the Large without top box which should suit your needs. It's a light weight waterproof cover that I use all year round on my bike. it comes in its own bag and is small enough to take with you. It has a strap underneath with a click fastener to keep it in place when its windy. They are currently on Amazon at £22.49, which is where I get mine.

Offline Newsted

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Honda 800X '12
  • City / Town: Falkirk
Re: Which cover fits without topbox and panniers?
Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 02:15:34 PM
I use this for mine, It fits perfectly size large. They're really rather good for the money, fleece lined, heat shield, totally waterproof and also breathable. Highly reccomend. My crossrunner is under it now safe and sound during all this crappy weather we are having up here.

https://www.jdc-products.co.uk/collections/waterproof-motorcycle-covers/products/jdc-ultimate-rain-waterpoof-motorcycle-cover

recent