Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Handlebar adjustment  (Read 601 times)

Offline ThunderGuts

• Crossrunner Member
  • City / Town: STOCKPORT
Handlebar adjustment
on: March 09, 2020, 03:59:16 PM
Had my 68 plate CR since December last year and noticed at the weekend while out riding that the handlebars are not aligned correctly to the wheel. Now I'm aware (although never encountered) that the forks can get twisted, but looking down the forks they look straight; it's as if the issue is between the top yoke and the bars themselves. Is there some adjustment in the risers that could cause them to skew slightly? The net result is the right side of the bars is about 2cm closer to the tank than the left side (at the ends of the bars). Doesn't seem to affect anything and although I bought the bike second hand, there's no sign anywhere it's been dropped (unless it was perfectly repaired!).

Cheers

Rob

P.S. a bit of googling suggests this might even be how some Hondas leave the factory?! This is for the AT, but they've got similar risers;

https://www.africatwinforum.com/threads/have-i-got-skewed-forks-or-handlebars.17962/
Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 04:40:59 PM by ThunderGuts

Offline Haddo

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 15CX
Re: Handlebar adjustment
Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 10:38:54 PM
I've seen similar when the bike is strapped down too tight from the front bars in transit. They usually skew down & back. Maybe loosen the raisers & give the bars a twist? Maybe even have to go as far as bending the bars back in shape if this is the case.

Offline stubax

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: VRF800X
  • City / Town: Manchester
Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 09:38:21 AM
Noticed this on my 2015 model. Was a regular feature of CBF1000's.

Offline apscurrah

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: 2015
  • City / Town: Gosford
Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 11:17:22 AM
They are mounted on rubber bushes, it’s no problem to turn to full lock then give them a yank to align correctly.