Recent Gallery Images

From Turkiye

Views: 106
Posted by: forallende
in: Members Albums

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Scottoiler V system mark 7 install with magnum hrc res.  (Read 3088 times)

Shaunomercy

Scottoiler V system mark 7 install with magnum hrc res.
« on: February 14, 2012, 05:28:47 AM »
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 02:57:22 PM by Shaunomercy »

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: Scottoiler V system mark 7 install with magnum hrc res.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 11:24:50 AM »
I've got some toilet rolls and some sticky backed plastic if that would help Paul. :052:
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Shaunomercy

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 01:20:23 PM »
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 02:58:37 PM by Shaunomercy »

Offline maxincuk

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Swanley
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 09:59:20 AM »
Looking good so far, watching this thread with interest ;)

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 04:45:22 PM »
I fitted the standard Scott oiler V system over the weekend -Scottoiler web site provides specific instructions/ pictures of CR fitting process so it looked a simple job.

In the end it was OK but time consuming.There is very little space to get at the Vaccuum pipe (which is located just between the cylinder heads on right hand side of bike.) Also required virtually all bodywork to be stripped off so that petrol tank could be raised to give a bit more room but even then it was not easy as there is not much exposed V pipe to work on. Relocated the large tools to the right hand side under the seat - there is a nice hole just behind the tank - and the oiler now sits nicely under the seat where large tools were with easy access for refilling etc.

Having done the job, primed, tested and set the oiler - I managed to get bodywork back on with only two clips left unused  :008: - then had problem re mounting crash bungs and for a while was petrified that I had messed up the threads in the engine mounting holes.  :005:

Then came the classic moment   :087: - went for a very short spin and found that the bike would not go beyond 6500 revs  :012:. Sat for a while and pondered and suddenly remembered that early on in the process I had undone an electrical connection to get at the v pipe. So - yes you guessed it - had to take body pannels off again to re connect. Glad to say all appears OK now. :028: but if I ever wanted to restrict the bike to 6500 revs - I know how to do it now :001:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 04:53:00 PM by xrunjoe »

Offline maxincuk

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Swanley
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 04:59:37 PM »
Wow, thanks for sharing the experience. I just got a couple of cans of castrol lube (had a voucher needed spending) so I'll be postponing the Scott for a while. Stripping the fairing is no fun on the CR I know that much, but twice in a day ...  :173:

Hope you found where the extra pins came from :008:

Shaunomercy

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 01:01:24 PM »
Thanks for the heads up over the silver infill panel joe.  Really appreciated.  I managed to fit the t piece without moving tank.  I had some long nose mole grips so was able to lock them round the pipe and also smeared some caliper rubber grease on the scottoiler t piece and it went together without too much hassle.  Only walked away twice and made a cuppa.. :008: :008:

In the end ive fitted same set up as you.  I removed hrc in the end as I wasnt happy with the flex of the number plate holder when bike was running.

Paul

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 05:58:32 PM »
Well done Paul -  :028:

For information of anyone not yet been there - the thin Silver side panells just below the tank are well fixed on and you tend to think that you have missed a clip or screw. There is actually only one clip - then it's a case of ease it off - using a fair bit of strength in a controlled way. There is heavy duty velcro and also a rubber fixing point hidden behind - tug firmly from the centre - not the ends - and it comes off ok. Needs a thump with palm of hand to get it back on.

Pity about not being able to use hrc and lube tube. I thought of devising a way to mount hrc or lube tube (curled up in a box maybe) onto the rear carrier frame (part of the pannier mounting set). This would place them slightly higher up and should create enough downflow to feed into the reservoir under the seat. Other than that I don't see how you could do it.