Author Powerbronze Hot Product - Crossrunner Hand Guards  (Read 5168 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

  • Offline RichardPB   gb

    • Powerbronze - Forum Sponsor
    • Crossrunner Member  ‐    74
    • *****
    • Topic Author

    Offline RichardPB

    • Powerbronze - Forum Sponsor
    • Crossrunner Member
    • *****
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 74
    • City / Town: Littlehampton
    • Country: gb
    Powerbronze Hot Product - Crossrunner Hand Guards
    on: April 16, 2020, 05:27:27 pm
    April 16, 2020, 05:27:27 pm
    Hi Everyone,

    I hope you are all well ?

    Have you seen our stylish Powerbronze hand guards for your Crossrunner?

    They are a must have product to protect your hands against wind and weather conditions whilst riding.

    - Made from Matt Black ABS plastic
    - Simple and easy to fit
    - Supplied with black anodised aluminium Powerbronze bar ends
    - Full fitting kit and instructions provided
    - Same day dispatch if ordered before midday (*)
    - International shipping available
    - Order with confidence direct from the manufacturer

    * In stock items only

    Click here to order from our UK website :
    https://www.powerbronze.co.uk/honda-vfr800x-crossrunner-15-19-380-h105.html




    Enter discount code UKFORUM1 to claim your 10% off at the cart page as shown in the screenshot below.



    Free UK mainland delivery on orders over £100.

    Please ensure you enter a contact telephone number on all orders.

    Stay safe everyone.

    All the best,
    Richard
    Visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Powerbronze and like the page

  • Offline Sand

    • Crossrunner Junior  ‐    3
    • *
      #1

    Offline Sand

    • Crossrunner Junior
    • *
    • Posts: 3
    • Bike: Honda VFR800X
    • City / Town: Kongsvinger
    • Country: Norway
    Re: Powerbronze Hot Product - Crossrunner Hand Guards
    Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 08:26:54 am
    April 20, 2021, 08:26:54 am
    Hi.
    I´m a new and very happy owner of a 2015 Crossrunner. I have the original Honda handguards, but wanted someting more solid. I Googled all the different handguards made for the Crossrunner and ended up choosing between the ones from Givi and Powerbronze. I ended up ordering the Powerbronze because of the looks. I just got the Powerbronze handguards, but when I came to mounting them yesterday, I discovered that the handguards touched the windscreen in full right and left turn. ( I have the Givi windscreen). Besides the mounting bracket attaches to the mirror bolts had a different lenght. The left was longer than the right, and made them uncymetric.  To prevent them from "crashing" into my windscreen, I have to make the "mirror-brackets" shorten to get them closer to the bars. If I do that, and then pershase a Puig windscreen as planned, I will probably end up at square one, because the Puig is a bit wider than the Givi screen. The problem accures only when manouvering the bike arround when parking, but should have been descovered by Powerbronze before selling them. Am I the only one having this problem?

  • Offline RichardPB   gb

    • Powerbronze - Forum Sponsor
    • Crossrunner Member  ‐    74
    • *****
    • Topic Author
    • #2

    Offline RichardPB

    • Powerbronze - Forum Sponsor
    • Crossrunner Member
    • *****
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 74
    • City / Town: Littlehampton
    • Country: gb
    Re: Powerbronze Hot Product - Crossrunner Hand Guards
    Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 04:24:49 pm
    April 20, 2021, 04:24:49 pm
    *Originally Posted by Sand [+]
    Hi.
    I´m a new and very happy owner of a 2015 Crossrunner. I have the original Honda handguards, but wanted someting more solid. I Googled all the different handguards made for the Crossrunner and ended up choosing between the ones from Givi and Powerbronze. I ended up ordering the Powerbronze because of the looks. I just got the Powerbronze handguards, but when I came to mounting them yesterday, I discovered that the handguards touched the windscreen in full right and left turn. ( I have the Givi windscreen). Besides the mounting bracket attaches to the mirror bolts had a different lenght. The left was longer than the right, and made them uncymetric.  To prevent them from "crashing" into my windscreen, I have to make the "mirror-brackets" shorten to get them closer to the bars. If I do that, and then pershase a Puig windscreen as planned, I will probably end up at square one, because the Puig is a bit wider than the Givi screen. The problem accures only when manouvering the bike arround when parking, but should have been descovered by Powerbronze before selling them. Am I the only one having this problem?

    Hello,

    Powerbronze hand guards are test fitted with the Honda OEM screen and the Powerbronze range of windscreens for the VFR800X Crossrunner.

    Regards,
    Richard
    Visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Powerbronze and like the page

  • Offline Sand

    • Crossrunner Junior  ‐    3
    • *
      #3

    Offline Sand

    • Crossrunner Junior
    • *
    • Posts: 3
    • Bike: Honda VFR800X
    • City / Town: Kongsvinger
    • Country: Norway
    Re: Powerbronze Hot Product - Crossrunner Hand Guards
    Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 08:09:53 pm
    April 20, 2021, 08:09:53 pm
    Hi.
    Thanks for the answer. But the Powerbronze and the Givi windscreen looks almost identical, and they have the same width, 42cm........

  • Offline CBM

    • Crossrunner Pro  ‐    159
    • ***
      #4

    Offline CBM

    • Crossrunner Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 159
    • Bike: 2017 Crossrunner
    • City / Town: NW London
    • Country: UK
    Re: Powerbronze Hot Product - Crossrunner Hand Guards
    Reply #4 on: April 21, 2021, 07:19:55 am
    April 21, 2021, 07:19:55 am
    *Originally Posted by RichardPB [+]

    Have you seen our stylish Powerbronze hand guards for your Crossrunner?

    Stylish ?, you're 'ave in a bubble :008: :008: :008:

  • Offline Goon   gb

    • Crossrunner Member  ‐    90
    • **
      #5

    Offline Goon

    • Crossrunner Member
    • **
    • Posts: 90
    • Bike: Vfr800x
    • City / Town: Swansea
    • Country: gb
    Re: Powerbronze Hot Product - Crossrunner Hand Guards
    Reply #5 on: May 17, 2022, 08:41:40 pm
    May 17, 2022, 08:41:40 pm
    I have the 2017 adjustable height screen, will the handguards be ok on this model?

  • Offline Mossy

    • Crossrunner Member  ‐    26
    • **
      #6

    Offline Mossy

    • Crossrunner Member
    • **
    • Posts: 26
    • Bike: Crossrunner 800
    • City / Town: Horsham
    • Country: UK
    Re: Powerbronze Hot Product - Crossrunner Hand Guards
    Reply #6 on: May 18, 2022, 02:13:03 am
    May 18, 2022, 02:13:03 am
    *Originally Posted by RichardPB [+]
    Hi Everyone,

    I hope you are all well ?

    Have you seen our stylish Powerbronze hand guards for your Crossrunner?

    They are a must have product to protect your hands against wind and weather conditions whilst riding.

    - Made from Matt Black ABS plastic
    - Simple and easy to fit
    - Supplied with black anodised aluminium Powerbronze bar ends
    - Full fitting kit and instructions provided
    - Same day dispatch if ordered before midday (*)
    - International shipping available
    - Order with confidence direct from the manufacturer

    * In stock items only

    Click here to order from our UK website :
    https://www.powerbronze.co.uk/honda-vfr800x-crossrunner-15-19-380-h105.html




    Enter discount code UKFORUM1 to claim your 10% off at the cart page as shown in the screenshot below.



    Free UK mainland delivery on orders over £100.

    Please ensure you enter a contact telephone number on all orders.

    Stay safe everyone.

    All the best,
    Richard

    I bought a pair and was pretty unsatisfied, as well as this found them to be quite dangerous.
    I emailed your team about it directly and received no response which I found quite unprofessional.

    I had stock honda handguards on the bike which I had no problems with bar my expectations of being able to block more wind with a different brand of them.

    To fit them I had to remove my stock end bar plugs and also unscrew my mirrors to mount this one which leaves quite an ugly support structure for what I assume is supposed to provide rigidity, all of which it didn't, still fluttered in the wind even with it.

    The issue wasnt this in the end though, it was that the handguards rotated at speed from air pressure, the end bar mounts don't hold the handle in position as tight as you'd expect and the flimsy rubber gasket and giant hole it sits in means the contact point to stop it rotating is next to none.
    I mounted them, triple checked them then had one of the end bar plugs pop out at 70mph making the handguard slip down over my clutch lever and lock it in place.

    I'd advise maybe going with givi or even stock honda ones, they've not failed me yet and also don't rotate into your brake or clutch lever at speed, also Honda's stock ones you can get for the same price.


  • Offline RichardPB   gb

    • Powerbronze - Forum Sponsor
    • Crossrunner Member  ‐    74
    • *****
    • Topic Author
    • #7

    Offline RichardPB

    • Powerbronze - Forum Sponsor
    • Crossrunner Member
    • *****
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 74
    • City / Town: Littlehampton
    • Country: gb
    Re: Powerbronze Hot Product - Crossrunner Hand Guards
    Reply #7 on: May 19, 2022, 10:17:05 am
    May 19, 2022, 10:17:05 am
    *Originally Posted by Mossy [+]
    I bought a pair and was pretty unsatisfied, as well as this found them to be quite dangerous.
    I emailed your team about it directly and received no response which I found quite unprofessional.

    I had stock honda handguards on the bike which I had no problems with bar my expectations of being able to block more wind with a different brand of them.

    To fit them I had to remove my stock end bar plugs and also unscrew my mirrors to mount this one which leaves quite an ugly support structure for what I assume is supposed to provide rigidity, all of which it didn't, still fluttered in the wind even with it.

    The issue wasnt this in the end though, it was that the handguards rotated at speed from air pressure, the end bar mounts don't hold the handle in position as tight as you'd expect and the flimsy rubber gasket and giant hole it sits in means the contact point to stop it rotating is next to none.
    I mounted them, triple checked them then had one of the end bar plugs pop out at 70mph making the handguard slip down over my clutch lever and lock it in place.

    I'd advise maybe going with givi or even stock honda ones, they've not failed me yet and also don't rotate into your brake or clutch lever at speed, also Honda's stock ones you can get for the same price.


    Hello,

    Thank you for your post regarding this product.

    Please accept our apologies for the issues you have experienced with this product.

    You also say that you have e-mailed us regarding this. Can you please advise if you e-mailed us directly at sales@powerbronze.co.uk or if you used our website's contact form ?

    If we had received your enquiry, please rest assured we would have worked with you to resolve your issue with this product.

    If you can send me a private message with your address, I will raise a returns authorisation for you and once we receive the product back at our premises in Rustington, we will issue a refund for the cost of the hand guards plus returns postage up to a maximum of £7.99.

    Kind Regards,
    Richard Padwick
    Powerbronze International Ltd
    Visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Powerbronze and like the page

  • Offline Sand

    • Crossrunner Junior  ‐    3
    • *
      #8

    Offline Sand

    • Crossrunner Junior
    • *
    • Posts: 3
    • Bike: Honda VFR800X
    • City / Town: Kongsvinger
    • Country: Norway
    Re: Powerbronze Hot Product - Crossrunner Hand Guards
    Reply #8 on: May 20, 2022, 07:14:57 am
    May 20, 2022, 07:14:57 am
    After buying the Powerbronze handguards for my Honda VFR800X 2015 mod, I descovered that the brackets did not fit my bike. The brackets was too long and the handuards touched the windscreen on full turn. I did write about this on the forum, and got an answer from RichardPD.  Did not help at all.  My Kappa windscreen had the same measures as the original. Besides the brackets being too long, they also had different length and shape (see pictures) and was probbably made for another bike.  I sent 3 complaints to the sales division at Powerbronze, but no one bothered to help. Disapointing.  But  I´m a stubburn biker, and wanted the nice Powerbronze handguards on my bike.  So I had to throw away the left bracket because of the length and wrong angle (see pictures)  I cut of half an inch on the right one, and made a new left  bracket mirroring the left one. (see pictures)  I was rather satisfied of the result, and wrote another mail to sales@powerbronze showing what i did. Nice symmetrical brackets and handguards that did not touch the windscreen, but no one bothered to answer. Not easy to recommend other fellow bikers to buy Powerbronze handguards.
    And Mossy, I also descovered the same problem as you…… the end bar mounts don't hold the handle in position as tight as I'd expect. I have not solved that problem………yet.









    Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 07:21:11 am by Sand

  • Offline Mossy

    • Crossrunner Member  ‐    26
    • **
      #9

    Offline Mossy

    • Crossrunner Member
    • **
    • Posts: 26
    • Bike: Crossrunner 800
    • City / Town: Horsham
    • Country: UK
    Re: Powerbronze Hot Product - Crossrunner Hand Guards
    Reply #9 on: May 23, 2022, 05:52:23 pm
    May 23, 2022, 05:52:23 pm
    *Originally Posted by RichardPB [+]

    Hello,

    Thank you for your post regarding this product.

    Please accept our apologies for the issues you have experienced with this product.

    You also say that you have e-mailed us regarding this. Can you please advise if you e-mailed us directly at sales@powerbronze.co.uk or if you used our website's contact form ?

    If we had received your enquiry, please rest assured we would have worked with you to resolve your issue with this product.

    If you can send me a private message with your address, I will raise a returns authorisation for you and once we receive the product back at our premises in Rustington, we will issue a refund for the cost of the hand guards plus returns postage up to a maximum of £7.99.

    Kind Regards,
    Richard Padwick
    Powerbronze International Ltd

    Hi Richard,

    I messaged through the contact page on your website with all my included contact information.

     


    * Recent Topics