Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Who needs abroad  (Read 1488 times)

Offline Goggins

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Crossrunner 800x
  • City / Town: Peterhead
Who needs abroad
on: September 29, 2020, 08:24:41 PM
Well, apart from the fantastic weather you’re almost guaranteed to get, we have some fantastic scenery here. Here are some photos of my recent trip.

Offline motoman

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2011VFR800X
  • City / Town: Ayr
Re: Who needs abroad
Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 10:58:44 PM
Good pics, I've noticed a lot of late butterflies too. Totally agree about great country and roads at home , however the countryside is busier than usual.(understandable) Sometimes a big downpour adds a bit of spice to a ride  and fun can still be had ,well that's my spin on wet runs. :001:

Offline Goggins

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Crossrunner 800x
  • City / Town: Peterhead
Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 04:12:17 PM
The butterflies only seemed to land on the xrunner. The cbr’s and the triumphs did not have the same attraction for them.
It was very busy on the Saturday/Sunday but the other 3 days were surprisingly quiet. Maybe the single track roads we went on put off some of the motorhomes. We were made very welcome at all the places we stopped at. More so I felt than the people in motorhomes. I think this was because we were using the local places for meals and accommodation so keeping them turning over. The people we met were a bit disappointed that the motorhomes mostly used the supermarkets for their supplies, parked anywhere and dumped all their waste anywhere. I do not believe they all did this, but it’s a bit like most people who don’t ride a motorbike thinks all motorcyclists are idiots.

Offline motoman

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2011VFR800X
  • City / Town: Ayr
Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 10:43:24 PM
Yeah,I know what you mean, recently I was camping at kilchoan on ardnamurchan peninsula saw similar thing.