Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Hello Everyone  (Read 1454 times)

Offline Corringdon

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Loving it all
  • Bike: 2019 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Tiverton, Devon
Re: Hello Everyone
Reply #10 on: October 23, 2020, 08:43:36 AM
*Originally Posted by kneesus [+]

Predominantly I thought for weather projection tbh.

:047:

I have the Givi guards and they are good for weather protection although, unlike Skids, I am now a fair weather rider.
Think positive and I'm sure you'll pass the test.
On the subject of tests, when I took my motorcycle test in 1962 it was just a matter of doing a couple of figure of 8's around the roads with the emergency stop consisting of the examiner walking into the road in front of you. If you knocked him down you failed! How things have changed.
I expect I'll get a few wry comments on the above.
Some of my past bikes. Norton ES2 - Norton 650SS - Velocette Venom - Velocette Thruxton Venom - Kawasaki ST 1100 - Kawasaki Z1100 B2 - Honda NSS.

Offline stubax

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: VRF800X
  • City / Town: Manchester
Reply #11 on: October 23, 2020, 09:31:09 AM
*Originally Posted by Corringdon [+]
I have the Givi guards and they are good for weather protection although, unlike Skids, I am now a fair weather rider.
Think positive and I'm sure you'll pass the test.
On the subject of tests, when I took my motorcycle test in 1962 it was just a matter of doing a couple of figure of 8's around the roads with the emergency stop consisting of the examiner walking into the road in front of you. If you knocked him down you failed! How things have changed.
I expect I'll get a few wry comments on the above.
Same for me, did test on a Lambretta and the clutch lever broke during the test, managed to complete the test and pass 🛵

Offline Corringdon

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Loving it all
  • Bike: 2019 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Tiverton, Devon
Reply #12 on: October 23, 2020, 09:47:58 AM
Snap, Stubax. My test was on a Lambretta LD150.
My Nortons and Velocettes were good for their day but the functionality and reliability of most modern bikes - especially Hondas - is amazing.
Some of my past bikes. Norton ES2 - Norton 650SS - Velocette Venom - Velocette Thruxton Venom - Kawasaki ST 1100 - Kawasaki Z1100 B2 - Honda NSS.

Online Skids

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2018 800X
  • City / Town: Hitchin
Reply #13 on: October 23, 2020, 01:05:53 PM
*Originally Posted by kneesus [+]
That's really helpful 👍.

I will take a look and get them ordered thanks for that. I'm just practicing like mad at the moment preparing for my test.

Link here.

They're not a perfect fit, you have to bend them a little where they meet the mirror stalks, but otherwise they're excellent, almost cover your hands completely.
98 VFR800 - 130,000 miles (sold)
08 VFR800 - 76,000 miles (sold)
14 VFR1200 - 20,000 miles
15 VFR800X - 44,000 miles (sold)
18 VFR800X - 9,000 miles

Offline larryblag

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: BMW F800GT
  • City / Town: Derby
Reply #14 on: November 12, 2020, 07:15:15 AM
Re. The test, yes me too in 1981 on a Suzuki GP100. I flattened my battery with my pre-test practicing and had to use hand signals throughout the entire actual test 😂.
Good luck with yours 👍