From Turkiye

Views: 60
Posted by: forallende
in: Members Albums
nordkapp

Views: 227
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Alternative 12V socket  (Read 3767 times)

Offline maxincuk

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Swanley
Alternative 12V socket
« on: March 04, 2012, 08:20:04 PM »
The 12V lighter type socket has been bugging me for a while since I couldn't find an elegant solution to it. Recently I've come across 12V connectors on eBay which are compatible with Optimate / Accumate chargers so I though to myself why not use their waterproof permanent connectors as a 12V socket and make some adapters to suit my needs.

My plan is to relocate the Optimate connection somewhere near the front and use is as necessary for all my accessories. I've constructed a regular 12V lighter type adapter, GPS power lead (I don't like leaving the GPS dock on the bike when not is use), even changed the portable air compressor 12V connector so that everything plugs into this new connection.

Hopefully will get some spare time and sun this week to take the fairings off and run the longer cable. Will post some pictures once finish.

Offline maxincuk

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Swanley
Re: Alternative 12V socket
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 01:17:56 PM »
Managed to find some time and take off the fairings to run the 12v fused charger lead from battery to the dashboard.

Some advantages are that the socket is waterproof, it can be easily tucked away when not in use, it can be used for charging the satnav, air compressor or whatever accessory you need as well as keep the bike on the Optimate.

Offline PerFj

• Crossrunner Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Crossrunner 2011
  • City / Town: Roskilde
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 08:01:00 PM »
Hi MAXINCUK

I am very interested to see how you installed the alternative 12 socket.
However, I am not able to open the picture files. Would it be possible for you to resend the pictures.

Best Regards

PerFj
Denmark
Best Regards
PerFj

Offline c_stenild

• Crossrunner Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: VFR800x 2014
  • City / Town: Copenhagen
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 11:52:31 PM »
I am also curious. Is it at all possible to place it near dashboard/front end?

Offline PerFj

• Crossrunner Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Crossrunner 2011
  • City / Town: Roskilde
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 08:53:41 PM »
That's also what I have in mind. A 12V socket near the dashboard. 12V output/USB charging and easy access to charge the bike battery.
When it becomes a little warmer I will try to figure out how to solve the problem without compromising the faring etc.
Worked ok on my previous bike :-)
Best Regards
PerFj

* Recent Topics

recent