03 Aug 21, 18:22 PM

Author Topic: Front Indicator replacement  (Read 1831 times)

Offline moley

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: vfr 800x
  • City / Town: Harrow
Re: Front Indicator replacement
Reply #10 on: May 12, 2021, 10:47:44 AM
Just got back from a week in Scotland and Wales  and unfortunately had a mishap in a petrol station in Gretna Green . The bike rack and pillion seat were loaded with camping gear so it meant I had to slide off the bike sideways when I was at the fuel pump. On this occasion the bike decided to come with me and came down on top of me ,smashing the hand guard and left hand indicator . This morning I have decided to start the strip down process and it basically took 30 mins to remove the broken indicator housing . I have a 2016 mk2 model and the removal was quite straight forward .However I can see the rebuild to possibly have some challenging aspects as the inner tabs on the connecting panels have been stretched and mis shaped so the panels may look slightly out of whack when the rebuild is complete . I have been on the Honda UK spares site and the prices are ,shall we say ridiculous  for the replacement parts  needed . Just the indicator stalk is 82 quid and thats with out the cowling and various bits that bolt onto it . Ive had a good search around this morning and found that the Africa twin uses the same indicators so maybe I can come across some second hand ones somewhere

Offline Haddo

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 15CX
Reply #11 on: May 12, 2021, 09:18:26 PM
On my 2016. Remove dash panel .. black plastic clips just push centre pin slightly in not all the way through & remove.. top of dash cover clips underneath the windscreen fairing...unclip & lay onto handlebar. Unclip indicator wiring near Inducator. Remove large silver Indicator retaining screw. Remove complete Indicator unit which will give access to undo nut.....assembly reverse process.

Offline Haddo

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 15CX
Reply #12 on: May 14, 2021, 09:03:18 PM
Forgot to mention at the indicator base toward the headlamp there is a small white clip. Pull toward you with hook tool & simply push back in on install. HTH.

Offline MAB

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: VFR800X
  • City / Town: Leicester
Reply #13 on: June 24, 2021, 09:51:50 AM
*Originally Posted by Skids [+]
There was a member paid for access a few years ago. Hopefully they will be in touch soon.

I manged to figure out the online manual, but to be honest it's not that helpful. The manual allows you to print, so you need to be able to print to PDF or XPS which allows you to keep the pages digitally. Then it's a days work to go through every page and linked image before the 24 hrs is up ;-)