Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Sidestand play?  (Read 215 times)

Offline ThunderGuts

• Crossrunner Member
  • City / Town: STOCKPORT
Sidestand play?
on: January 12, 2021, 02:47:30 PM
Noticed when my 2019CR was on the centre stand the other day that there's play in the pivot/hinge on the sidestand, allowing it to change the angle it's at when it's folded out. I observed this on my old Kwak a few years back and assumed in that case it was an age/wear and tear thing (almost as if the hole the pivot bolt runs though is bigger than it should be), but the CR is much younger. Is this by design to allow the stand to marry up to the ground a bit more easily, or do I have an issue?

Cheers

Offline Corringdon

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Loving it all
  • Bike: 2019 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Tiverton, Devon
Re: Sidestand play?
Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 05:22:02 PM
I don't have any play at all in my side stand. In fact it is quite stiff even though it is well lubricated. Are all securing nuts/bolts tight? Should there be a lot of play in the pivot I would definitely say there is something wrong.
Some of my past bikes. Norton ES2 - Norton 650SS - Velocette Venom - Velocette Thruxton Venom - Kawasaki ST 1100 - Kawasaki Z1100 B2 - Honda NSS.

Offline Crosspurpose

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 05:44:47 PM
There’s a sticky on this under the maintenance section. You need to check the tightness of your side stand bolts. Mine has no play either.

Offline ThunderGuts

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 01:14:27 PM
Yeah the nuts are tight; I do keep an eye on this as per the sticky. Might give the dealer a call . . . they'll love me, the bike only came back from some warranty work a few weeks ago. :008:

Offline ThunderGuts

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 01:23:35 PM
Update: spoke to the dealer, they said shouldn't be any play at all. Going to get it on the centre stand after work and take a closer look at it to see if it needs tightening.

Offline ThunderGuts

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 06:01:34 PM
Further update; checked tightness of bolts and everything is tight. Still play though. Here's a video . . . it's almost as if the hole in the sidestand arm is too big for the pivot pin?!

Offline Jonnyteabag

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800X 2016
  • City / Town: Pendle
Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 07:06:28 PM
Did you remove the side stand sensor..the bolt head you can see in your film? as there is a bolt underneath the sensor that is the actual pivot bolt :084:..sorry if you already know this :017:

Stay safe,

JT :015:

Offline ThunderGuts

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #7 on: January 13, 2021, 07:27:50 PM
No I didn’t actually but the 14mm nut on the other side was tight so if it’s the other side of that surely it’d be tight too?

Offline Jonnyteabag

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800X 2016
  • City / Town: Pendle
Reply #8 on: January 13, 2021, 07:45:00 PM
Looks like you've got wear on bolt/stand leg and or bracket,I would remove the bolt and have look then work out your options.
Good luck.

JT :015:

Offline ThunderGuts

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #9 on: January 13, 2021, 08:08:36 PM
Cheers. Less than 2 years old and 8.5k miles - seems a bit premature  :033:

recent