Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: All Honda V4's discontinued in the UK (Euro 5)  (Read 266 times)

Offline SXHighwayman

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800X 2016
  • City / Town: INGATESTONE
All Honda V4's discontinued in the UK (Euro 5)
on: January 18, 2021, 10:16:59 AM
Sad news in this Bennetts blog which I missed last month: https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/news/2020/december/discontinued-bikes-2021-euro-5-uk-end-life-run

Personally I'd rather just pay more tax on the bikes - use it to plant trees etc - than throttling the bikes ever more so.

Offline Corringdon

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Loving it all
  • Bike: 2019 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Tiverton, Devon
Re: All Honda V4's discontinued in the UK (Euro 5)
Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 11:17:24 AM
So very sad but it was on the cards. There are many You Tube videos which mention the same thing. Luckily there will be no shortage of spares (not that Hondas generally need them) as the bikes will probably still be produced for customers in the rest of the world. CR owners in the UK can consider themselves very lucky that they had purchased one of the best production bikes ever before the emission boffins put the final nail in the coffin.
I'm still wondering if Honda could sleeve down the 1200 V4 to 1000cc, and add ride by wire and an updated ECU to produce a first class Euro 5 compliant motorcycle.
However the fact still remains that, although brilliant motorcycles, the current V4's are an old design and have not sold well in recent years.
Some of my past bikes. Norton ES2 - Norton 650SS - Velocette Venom - Velocette Thruxton Venom - Kawasaki ST 1100 - Kawasaki Z1100 B2 - Honda NSS.

recent