Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Fuel leak, Episode 3. The return of the Benzene  (Read 148 times)

Offline AndrewP

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2015 VFR800X
  • City / Town: London
Fuel leak, Episode 3. The return of the Benzene
on: April 07, 2021, 08:18:34 PM
Sigh, here we go again...

The fuel leak saga has not finished and at this stage, I am almost certain it's not the Fuel tank. Happy to see that Barney managed to sort his out: (https://www.honda-crossrunner.com/index.php/topic,2590.0.html)

I tried another garage this time around and after paying an exuberant amount (300 quid mainly for labor) they told me that the reason the tank is leaking is that the breather line is extremely narrow and it tends to get clogged. They cleaned it up and checked it over.

Fast forward 5 months. Leaking fuel yet again. Given that we've been in lockdown for so long last week was the first time I managed to get her out on a proper trip. Between the last "service" and now, I must have gone through 8-9 refuels, so I estimate around 1000 miles.

At this stage, I'm both fed up and somewhat at a loss on what to do.

I can't be paying 300 quid each time they need to clean the bloody line and I don't have the luxury of a space to go through the whole thing myself. Let alone that I'm basically riding on a ticking bomb.

I love the CR, and there really is no other bike that ticks all the boxes for me. I think I'll take it to the closest honda dealership (coulsdon?) and get them to check it again, and if they aren't able to fix it I'll do the thing I hate the most and complain to Honda and see if that takes me anywhere, which I doubt.
And the Lord said unto John, “Come forth and you will receive eternal life.”
But John came in fifth - and won a toaster.

Offline AndrewP

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2015 VFR800X
  • City / Town: London
Re: Fuel leak, Episode 3. The return of the Benzene
Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 12:22:17 PM
Took the bike to one of the Honda dealerships in London.

They stated there is a part that needs to be replaced, (https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/honda-motorcycle/assignment_spare_parts/17574MFAD00)

Hopefully, this sorts it out and renews my confidence in the bike.

What really pisses me off is the previous garage didn't even know what they were talking about and just talked out of their arses when it came down to finding the solution to the issue, all the while charging a premium.

Not sure what the rules are about calling garages out, so I will refrain from naming them for now.
And the Lord said unto John, “Come forth and you will receive eternal life.”
But John came in fifth - and won a toaster.

recent