nordkapp

Views: 152
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst
IMG 2655

Views: 292
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Scorpion EXO900 Transformer Helmet  (Read 2170 times)

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
Scorpion EXO900 Transformer Helmet
« on: March 15, 2012, 08:32:32 PM »
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 02:35:51 PM by xrunjoe »
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
Re: Scorpion EXO900 Transformer Helmet
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 02:50:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by xrunjoe [+]
I did find after riding for about an hour that I seemed to be getting a bit of pressure on left hand cheek - so maybe need to keep an eye on this -

I have thought this through and had another brief test this morning. I now realise that when I ride I tend to have my jaws slightly relaxed - as a result the "swivel" bones near my ear push outwards  (try it yourself and maybe you experience the same). This makes my face width wider and this cause the pressure. When I clamp my jaws shut the pressure goes away. I think I didn't notice this with my Arai helmet because is a bit looser fit. I never knew I was riding with relaxed jaws  :008: - sounds a bit silly I know - but it is true.

Anybody who wants to post up an answer to the question "do you ride with jaws open or closed" - feel free to do so  :090:

Offline maxincuk

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Swanley
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 04:14:44 PM »
It would seem like the helmet is probably slightly too tight, maybe it will disappear after loosening up a little bit.

As for the relaxed jaw, I heard that is a good indicator to check how tense you are on the bike. If you can stick the tongue through the teeth it's a good sign, otherwise you are probably going to fast for your ability :156:

Shaunomercy

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 03:52:43 AM »
*Originally Posted by xrunjoe [+]
I have thought this through and had another brief test this morning. I now realise that when I ride I tend to have my jaws slightly relaxed - as a result the "swivel" bones near my ear push outwards  (try it yourself and maybe you experience the same). This makes my face width wider and this cause the pressure. When I clamp my jaws shut the pressure goes away. I think I didn't notice this with my Arai helmet because is a bit looser fit. I never knew I was riding with relaxed jaws  :008: - sounds a bit silly I know - but it is true.

Anybody who wants to post up an answer to the question "do you ride with jaws open or closed" - feel free to do so  :090:

Your going too slow Joe...  :001:
Carnt say my jaws relaxed or tense but I can tell you my arse sometimes grips the seat tightly.... :152: :152: :152:

Paul

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 09:00:48 PM »
 :005:
That's too much info for me mate - please don't post up a picture or sound vid.