16 Oct 21, 23:17 PM

Author Topic: Hello new owner here  (Read 202 times)

Offline Davidc

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: VFR750 FT
  • City / Town: Cheshire
Hello new owner here
on: October 10, 2021, 10:09:23 AM
Hi fellow owners I hope you're all enjoying the early Autumn mild spell. I picked up my 2019 xrunner about 3 weeks ago from local dealer. Have ridden it about 150 miles so far. The bike carries it's weight well with a nice c of g and decent brakes. A couple of questions please.

Noticed a couple of times when accelerating through the lower gears that the engine cuts momentarily (when Im not at that point intending to change gear) and then comes back on song with no problem and doesnt do it again on that journey. My bike has a quickshifter fitted and Im wondering if I've got my foot too close to the gear lever which I'm inadvertently putting pressure on causing the engine to die for a fraction of a second.  It's odd because it doesnt do it on every ride. Anybody else had this issue? The quickshifter doesn't appear to work all the time either? It was already fitted by a previous owner.

Any recommendation of the best way to prevent helmet buffeting. I'm short at 5' 7" I've tried the screen at lowest and highest positions and it appears worst in the higher position so  I have the screen on its lowest position but the level of buffeting at 70mph is still high.

Sorry about the length of my first post and any advice gratefully received

Online voodoo

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: RC80
  • City / Town: The Hague
Re: Hello new owner here
Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 10:22:30 AM
Hallo David and  :400: from the Netherlands.

It sounds you already got acquainted with the quite intrusive traction control, try position one or off and see if the problem is gone.
Stop making sense

Offline Corringdon

• Crossrunner Master
  • Loving it all
  • Bike: 2019 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Tiverton, Devon
Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 10:53:26 AM
 :400: Welcome David. I haven't heard of your initial problem but Voodoo's idea is certainly worth checking out. Personally I have not had any problems with the traction control settings, but every bike is slightly different. There are many, many threads on the forum about different screens and those which are suited to folk of different heights.
Some of my past bikes. Norton ES2 - Norton 650SS - Velocette Venom - Velocette Thruxton Venom - Kawasaki Z1100  ST - Kawasaki GPZ 1100 B2 - Honda NSS.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Crossrunner Pro
Reply #3 on: October 10, 2021, 03:31:07 PM
Welcome to the forum  :400:

Apprecitae you just joined but questions should be in separate threads in the appropriate board on the forum as this area is for intro's only  :028:

Cheers  :031:

Offline Davidc

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: VFR750 FT
  • City / Town: Cheshire
Reply #4 on: October 11, 2021, 07:44:49 PM
Thanks for the replies to date. Sorry for posting in the wrong place. Newby overenthusiasm.

recent