Author Topic: SatNav Headset  (Read 290 times)

Offline Tommy

• Crossrunner Junior
  • City / Town: York
SatNav Headset
on: October 15, 2021, 10:18:32 PM
So my bike came with the Tomtom satnav fitted.......I have never used satnav on bikes before so will need a suitable headset!

Does anyone have any recommendations?

I'm only bothered about listening to the directions and certainly don't want to use it with my phone etc.......on my bikes about the only time I can escape the wife 😂

Online Skids

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2018 800X
  • City / Town: Hitchin
Re: SatNav Headset
Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 10:02:26 AM
Hi Tommy.

I have a TT on my 1200 but I stopped trying to listen to instructions pretty quickly as they are often delayed a few seconds, which in town can easily mean you missing a turning or considering grabbing the brakes to make a turn with all the attendant risks.

So now I just have it as a visual aid. I know that has its issues too, looking at a screen when you should be looking ahead and all that, but with enough self-discipline, you can look at the screen for a short period after a threat check of the road ahead confirms few if any threats. It's worked for nearly 20 years (on previous 800's) and tens of thousands of miles. But I'm not complacent, just in case anyone decides to wade in there.  :002:

I also listen to music/take phone calls/talk to pillion but that is all separate to the sat nav. I have a Sena setup with a pair of Westone UM10 in-ear speakers which keep out road noise and provide very clear comms.
98 VFR800 - 130,000 miles (sold)
08 VFR800 - 76,000 miles (sold)
14 VFR1200 - 20,000 miles
15 VFR800X - 44,000 miles (sold)
18 VFR800X - 16,000 miles

Online voodoo

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: RC80
  • City / Town: The Hague
Re: SatNav Headset
Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 11:13:47 AM
I've been using satnav on bikes since '06, never used a headset and probably never will.

In the car the satnav is on mute.
Stop making sense

recent