08 Dec 21, 22:46 PM

Author Topic: I bought a Crossrunner  (Read 395 times)

Offline GSimmo

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: VFR800X
  • City / Town: Cantefrbury
I bought a Crossrunner
on: November 21, 2021, 08:03:43 PM
Just a few lines to say hello and a quick intro.
After a chance throwing a leg over a Crossrunner in a local bike shop there was a serendipitous outcome in that I went and bought one.  Result!  I'd not long since flogged my Versys 650 and could not find a bike that I could get on with and felt comfortable on.  Until the Crossrunner, that is.
Anyway, a bit about me and my riding.  I started in 1989 on a CG125 and moved on to a Suzuki GSX250 and then on to a Yamaha XJ650.  As I ended up going back to college the XJ was replaced with a V50 Mark II Guzzi.  Not my best move.
After nearly giving up biking - it was the Guzzi that did it - I moved on to a Suzuki GSX750ES which turned out to be a cracking bit of kit, despite it welding the back end up when a sprocket carrier bearing gave up the ghost.
The 750 went and was replaced with a Bandit 1200 which I managed to throw down the M1 causing me and the, then, girlfriend some hand and wrist injuries. And she STILL married me.
Once recovered - after some concerns about getting back onto 2 wheels - I bought a Yamaha XJ600 and hooked up with the IAM and passed my advanced test.  Having regained some confidence I flogged the XJ and bought a Yamaha FZS600 and had a whale of a tine.
The Fazer had to go, though, as old injuries - thanks to a busted leg from a car accident - meant I was struggling with the Fazer.  I ended up trading it in for a lowered R1200GS.  Awesome bit of kit.  I ran the Beemer for a good few years but the old girl was turning into a money pit so was traded in for the Versys 650.  Me and the Versys never quite got along thank to me making a hash of setting up suspension and then a pandemic.  The Versys was sold off and I spent ages trying to find my next bike but nothing quite ticked enough boxes.  And then a quick reccy to to a local bike shop resulted in a quick look at a 1st gen Crossrunner, and a Crosstourer.  The Crossrunner got my vote so I found a 2nd gen model and bought it.

Offline Chris A

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: 2016 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Gloucester
Re: I bought a Crossrunner
Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 12:44:26 AM
Welcome from another ex-Versys owner  :031:

Offline Corringdon

• Crossrunner Master
  • Loving it all
  • Bike: 2019 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Tiverton, Devon
Reply #2 on: November 22, 2021, 08:41:40 AM
 :400: Quite a story, Simmo. Welcome to the forum and congratulations on choosing a CR. Some pics in due course would be nice.
Some of my past bikes. Norton ES2 - Norton 650SS - Velocette Venom - Velocette Thruxton Venom - Kawasaki Z1100  ST - Kawasaki GPZ 1100 B2 - Honda NSS.

Online Skids

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2018 800X
  • City / Town: Hitchin
Reply #3 on: November 22, 2021, 12:47:47 PM
Welcome.  :031:
98 VFR800 - 130,000 miles (sold)
08 VFR800 - 76,000 miles (sold)
14 VFR1200 - 20,000 miles
15 VFR800X - 44,000 miles (sold)
18 VFR800X - 16,000 miles

Offline Oyley

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: CB500x 2019
  • City / Town: West Bradford
Reply #4 on: November 24, 2021, 12:49:02 AM
Welcome...
My 2020 reg model arrives this week, a few farkles here waiting to be fitted, my VB500x is going in PX, I bought that following a few ops on my knee and needed a lower and lighter bike to still enable me to ride.
Had the dealer lower the bike and fit a centre stand I bought new from a CR ownere who never got around to fitting it, 150.00 GBP posted, not bad at all.
Handguards will be a must and first fit, rear rack, tank bag, SWMotech Evo pegs, Hepco becker engine bars just arrived also.
No idea what the headlights are like but have a pair of Denalis D4's here
I also bought a XSR700 Tribute, love the engine but, gearbox just and like a Honda's.
Keeping the XSR as a quick weekend solo blast bike.
I just hope I gel with the CR like I have the XSR.

Offline Corringdon

• Crossrunner Master
  • Loving it all
  • Bike: 2019 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Tiverton, Devon
Reply #5 on: November 24, 2021, 08:40:13 AM
 :152: I think you'll gel with the CR, Oyley, as it's one of the most versatile motorcycles ever made. Logic dictates that there must be a few folk out there that don't get on with the CR but I've never heard of one.
Some of my past bikes. Norton ES2 - Norton 650SS - Velocette Venom - Velocette Thruxton Venom - Kawasaki Z1100  ST - Kawasaki GPZ 1100 B2 - Honda NSS.

Offline Beetlejuice

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 2019 Black CR
  • City / Town: Northumberland
Reply #6 on: November 24, 2021, 03:49:11 PM
 :400:

Offline Tommy

• Crossrunner Junior
  • City / Town: York
Reply #7 on: November 26, 2021, 09:28:55 PM