Author Topic: Sat nav mount  (Read 354 times)

Online reasty

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: '20 Cr '88 vfr
  • City / Town: Croydon
Sat nav mount
on: February 07, 2022, 06:43:50 PM
Apologies for this as it's probably been done to death before - happy to be guided to an old thread.

Where are owners placing tom tom mounts on mk2's. I used a ram mount on the mirror stalk on the mk1 but am trying to avoid it on the new steed.
 :031:

Offline Skids

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2018 800X
  • City / Town: Hitchin
Re: Sat nav mount
Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 07:58:10 AM
*Originally Posted by reasty [+]
Apologies for this as it's probably been done to death before - happy to be guided to an old thread.

Where are owners placing tom tom mounts on mk2's. I used a ram mount on the mirror stalk on the mk1 but am trying to avoid it on the new steed.
 :031:

I don't use the Sat Nav on my current Crossie, but on my first, a Mk 2, it was mounted on the RH bar using a RAM ball mount on a clamp around the bar. That means you can mount it anywhere there is free bar space, at any angle due to the ball mount meaning the sat nav is always level. Mine was mounted up near the brake MC but you could mount it in the centre of the bar. It does mean you need to look down to see it, but if you choose your time carefully, it's not an issue (let's face it, advanced riding technique says you should turn your around to look over your shoulder, so what a quick drop of the eyeballs, eh?).  :008:

You can get RAM mounts for the top of brake/clutch covers too.

Members on here have tried mounting atop the screen in front, though I'm not sure of the end result. Would have thought vibration and stress weakening of the screen would be an issue but they're better chatting about that than me.

HTH.
98 VFR800 - 130,000 miles, 08 VFR800 - 76,000 miles, 15 VFR800X - 44,000 miles (all sold)
14 VFR1200 - 20,000 miles
18 VFR800X - 16,000 miles
01 VFR800 Fi-1 - 0 miles (yet)

recent