26 May 22, 08:33 AM

Author Topic: Tank Pad Options now that OEM part is not available  (Read 310 times)

Offline Kalamity Ken

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800X
  • City / Town: Bristol
Tank Pad Options now that OEM part is not available
on: March 25, 2022, 12:23:45 PM
One of the next "upgrades" for my bike will be a tank pad as there are some light scratches on the tank in the usual place.  Having followed the link on this forum to this some years ago, the original Honda OEM part is no longer available.  I have also done an internet search on the part number and there is no stock anywhere.

That then leaves me with and alternative Honda part such as this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162820928050 or an aftermarket design.  Ideally I want something as close to the original as possible and certainly understated in its design.  I am too old for loud graphics.

Of course there are lots of products on Amazon or eBay, but I want a quality item that is going to last from a reputable supplier, not something that is going to peel off after 2 months.  Do you have any suggestions of a quality tank pad that looks similar to the original that will last?

Offline Corringdon

• Crossrunner Master
  • Loving it all
  • Bike: 2019 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Tiverton, Devon
Some of my past bikes. Norton ES2 - Norton 650SS - Velocette Venom - Velocette Thruxton Venom - Kawasaki Z1100  ST - Kawasaki GPZ 1100 B2 - Honda CB500.

Offline Kalamity Ken

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800X
  • City / Town: Bristol
Re: Tank Pad Options now that OEM part is not available
Reply #2 on: March 25, 2022, 05:50:20 PM
Thanks Jim, I should have had a closer look at yours earlier this week.  If you have chance, please can you send me a pic of yours so that I can see how/where it fits on the tank as I have some slight scratches to cover up.

Many thanks

Offline Haddo

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 15CX
Re: Tank Pad Options now that OEM part is not available
Reply #3 on: April 06, 2022, 01:42:30 AM
I made my own out of TechSpec snakeskin sheets. A tank pad was supplied with the kit.

recent