Author Topic: D- day tomorrow  (Read 547 times)

Offline Goon

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Vfr800x
  • City / Town: Swansea
D- day tomorrow
on: May 10, 2022, 06:01:07 PM
Picking up the CR tomorrow, hope the weather stays dry and I will take the long way home.

Offline reasty

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: '20 Cr '88 vfr
  • City / Town: Croydon
Re: D- day tomorrow
Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 08:14:54 PM
 :419:

Enjoy👍

Offline Goon

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #2 on: May 11, 2022, 07:48:39 AM
Sods law again, its lashing down here :034:

Offline Corringdon

• Crossrunner Master
  • Loving it all
  • Bike: 2019 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Tiverton, Devon
Reply #3 on: May 11, 2022, 08:38:15 AM
Make an excuse and pick it up tomorrow.  :017: I'm sure the dealer will oblige.
Some of my past bikes. Norton ES2 - Norton 650SS - Velocette Venom - Velocette Thruxton Venom - Kawasaki Z1100  ST - Kawasaki GPZ 1100 B2 - Honda CB500.

Online voodoo

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: RC80
  • City / Town: The Hague
Reply #4 on: May 11, 2022, 11:23:30 AM
Perfectly sunny here in Hollandshire  :150:

Enjoy your CR today  :028:
Stop making sense

Offline Goon

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #5 on: May 11, 2022, 07:25:09 PM
Got it home,happy bunny. Adjusted the seat and handlebars and went for a ride on the B roads and unclassifieds for which the bike is intended and the bike shows a lot of promise. A few early observations good and bad- Comfort, once the seat was adjusted to the right height for me correctly the comfort was good ( the seat was not adjusted properly and I was sliding down into the tank, previous owner had removed the bung and bolts at the front of the seat but had not dropped the side rail brackets to match, seat now flatter and no steep angle), not touched suspension other than back off the rear preload didn't have any spine crashing moments. Speed,keep in 4th gear from 35-50mph in the back lanes for good throttle response and 50+mpg, happy days there. Now the bad- instrument panel is a disaster, awful design and not user friendly at all, had to reset the clock 3 times and mess around to get rid of the annoying stopwatch function before I could find what the time was, and a dreadful idea and design to put 2 bar graph gauges right next to each other what were they thinking, and the concave curved screen catches every light reflection around, whats wrong with a flat plane display who are Honda employing as designers? Looking to do some great rides and hopefully keep the bike a few years until my retirement when I really will have the time to use it lots.

Offline Haddo

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 15CX
Reply #6 on: May 12, 2022, 10:48:01 AM
Agree the dash is a bit of a cluster £u€k to set up but once you get your head arround it it works very well. Getting rid of the rattle though takes you beyond the owners manual.

Offline mhjc21

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2016 crossrunner
  • City / Town: Didcot
Reply #7 on: May 12, 2022, 04:25:20 PM
Couldn't agree more with you Goon about the dash. Seems you have to have a degree in computer tech just to set the clock. Managed to set it after about 20 attempts and now leave the whole thing well alone.
The point you make about the reflection of the sun is also a valid comment, I can't see a damn thing at times.
Apart from these little niggles, I absolutely love the bike and am taking it to Scotland with a few friends to do the NC500.
Can't wait
Enjoy your new CR and enjoy riding the Black mountains which I have spent many a day riding on my old sports bikes

Offline Goon

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #8 on: May 13, 2022, 04:14:57 PM
Have just ordered a fender extender and large rear hugger to keep the bike cleaner.

Offline Goon

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #9 on: May 15, 2022, 06:51:53 PM
Just had another ride, getting used to things now, the instrument display as long as you avoid the reflective glare actually gets brighter as the sun hits it directly unlike a mobile phone display. The engine is not a "torque monster" as some reviews would have you believe but its ok, not as smooth as an inline 4 low down its happier above 3000rpm. May get a nicer looking tailpipe, some weighted bar ends and definitely a tank pad soon.