nordkapp

Views: 152
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst
IMG 2655

Views: 292
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Members map  (Read 2358 times)

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
Members map
« on: April 13, 2012, 05:52:12 PM »
Managed to get my location pinned on the map at last. It was my Internet Browser which was the problem. So I downloaded Google Chrome and when I got into this site via that browser it was straightforward enough to sort it. I notice that only about 24 members are shown on the map - come on guys - show us where you are.
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

danesman

Re: Members map
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 08:13:08 PM »
 Joe you talk of Internet browser problems ? Having to download Google Chrome. I managed with the standard browser as I'm sure most people have ! Is it possible that Internet Explorer wa trying Not to recognize your address ( Northampton and all that) and Chrome sneaked you in through a side door  :027: Anyway good to see you made it mate  :046:
Will be in touch about a spin next weekend

Ride safe
Pete

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 08:48:44 PM »
 :008:could well be mate - I am not a native of these parts - but it is a bit tucked away and folks all look the same (if you follow my drift).

Look forward to catching up soon - suggest top of Dunsatble Downs - nice cafe and views.
Only two weeks until we head down to Boxhill as well.

Cheers for now.

Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Offline maxincuk

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Swanley
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 06:23:54 AM »
*Originally Posted by xrunjoe [+]
So I downloaded Google Chrome ...

Excellent upgrade Joe! You can now install the add block extension and enjoy the best browsing experience available. As I web developer, I wish more and more people would move away from IE or at least upgrade to it's latest version.

danesman

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 09:32:14 AM »
*Originally Posted by maxincuk [+]
Excellent upgrade Joe! You can now install the add block extension and enjoy the best browsing experience available. As I web developer, I wish more and more people would move away from IE or at least upgrade to it's latest version.

As a complete noddy about all things IT and computer related can I ask you ( as a man in the business ) why you favour Chrome over IE ? I would be happy to switch over myself but I feel a little uneasy about the way that Google presents  adverts relevant to recent searches made when I log on to certain sites. This being one of them

danesman

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 09:34:34 AM »
Joe, forgot to say Dunstable Downs , great idea

Offline maxincuk

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Swanley
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 12:21:33 PM »
Dan, there is a huge variety of alternative browsers you can use which are all much more secure, much faster and more compliant to standards than IE. Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Opera are all excellent choices. IE has been a nightmare for anyone in the industry to produce fast secure and compliant websites for and it has been the major cause for viruses, malware and all nasties that you can find on the web.

As I web developer, I use pretty much all of them daily for testing purposes but being on a mac I favour Safari with a 2nd favourite is Chrome because it uses the same, (most up-to-date and open source) rendering engine as Safari, is light on resources and really fast.

Whichever browser you use, make sure you check which add-ons / toolbars etc. you have installed installed and disable / uninstall the ones you don't really need (apart from add blocker pretty much everything is there to spy or collect information about your online activities).

danesman

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 08:18:49 AM »
Thanks for your time and the info.
 Have decided to give Chrome a try

Offline Ruhri

• Ex Member
  • Crossrunner Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda Crosrunner
  • City / Town: Essen
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 03:13:57 PM »
Hi,

I tried it many times without success .
Some browser adjustment/version is wrong.

In 3 month I will change may location,then I will do it latest  :008:

Br
Guido

recent