nordkapp

Views: 152
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst
IMG 2655

Views: 292
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Puig screen and Honda wingletts ????  (Read 2712 times)

Offline Crossrunner Rob

• Crossrunner Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: romford
Puig screen and Honda wingletts ????
« on: April 20, 2012, 12:34:57 PM »
Thinking of buying the Puig screen and Honda wingletts just wondering if anyone has used either or both and if they are worth the money thanks Rob  :031:

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
Re: Puig screen and Honda wingletts ????
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 05:48:02 PM »
Honda don't recommend that you use the winglets with their tall screen so I don't know if they would be OK with the Puig.
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

Shaunomercy

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 06:27:42 PM »
I think an email to honda to get the answer.  The launch pic of the crossrunner on visordown show the air deflectors with touring screen.  And we know the man who would love the opportunity to give Honda another kicking.....

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/honda-crossrunner---pic-gallery/17745-7.html

Joe. over to you mate.  Email the top mate if you dont mind  :001: :076: :076: :076:

Paul

Offline mrvelcrofast

• Crossrunner Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: VFR800X,VFR750FV
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 07:42:41 PM »
do those winglet things actually do anything??

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 09:25:03 PM »
I talked to a couple of dealers a while ago about this mate (and very politely on that occasion) - they said that they don't really know why the Honda accessories web site says don't fit the Honda tall screen and wind deflectors together - but they assumed that it would be because there is a risk that the "turbulence" caused by the touring screen has potential to cause a strong force when hitting the deflected air from the side deflectors whereby said deflectors are ripped off.

Sounds plausible - even if they stop on - maybe there would be conflicting air streams (remember that Honda spent ages and ages in the windtunnell with the Crossrunner.
Anything worse than that - like "the bike will take off , flip and do a belly flop" is stretching the imagination. Given what they said - I decide I wouldn't invest in the deflectors - but somebody on this forum has them fitted together with a tall screen I seem to remember. Have tried a quick topic serach but didn't turn anything up.

My guess is that they do take an amount of wind off the body which is not a bad thing - but just how much difference they make - can't say.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 09:28:43 PM by xrunjoe »
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Offline Ralf73

• Crossrunner Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Munich
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 08:11:14 AM »

recent