Recent Gallery Images

From Turkiye

Views: 218
Posted by: forallende
in: Members Albums

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bikes you wish that you had bought  (Read 4617 times)

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
Bikes you wish that you had bought
« on: May 10, 2012, 05:06:43 AM »
Sitting at work tonight reading the article on the Kawasaki Z! in Motorcycle News I got to remembering how close I came to buying one when they were first launched. I took one out from Geoff Darryn M/Cs in Sandwich  and really liked it. I was about to to buy a new bike but sadly my girlfriend at the time convinced me to get a BMW instead as we were doing a lot of bike rallys at the time and she thought that this would be more comfortable for her. To this day I really regret not buying the Z1 as I still think that they are a great looking bike.

This all made me wonder if anyone else out there has bikes that they wished they had bought but didn't
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

Offline Ruhri

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda Crosrunner
  • City / Town: Essen
Re: Bikes you wish that you had bought
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 12:38:38 PM »

Smeagol

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 01:54:18 PM »
I've only been riding 3 years.

I did my DAS on a Honda CBF500, CBT was done on a chinese copy of a CG125 (horrible thing and I managed to burn out the clutch   :164:)

When I went looking around bike dealers, before taking my test, I got "oh you can't have a test ride until you've had your licence for 2 years", or "we don't have any demo bikes of that model" until I got to Reading Honda, opposite the test centre.  They just said when you finish your test walk over here and take out what you want :152:  Took out the CBF600SA and just felt so at home with it I bought one.  Sometimes I wished I had bought the CBF1000, but not often as the 600 could keep up with most people being reasonably legal on the road  :164:

I test ridden most of Honda's recent bikes, and nothing from the other manufacturers has really caught my interest (I looked at them all recently).  I need a bike that does everything, commuting, fun days out and touring.  The two that I considered were the Crossrunner and CBF1000F, both about the same price but after testing the Crossrunner I new I would be happy with it.  I would have been happy on CBF1000 as well.

I love the Fireblade, for a quick blast but not all day riding.  The CB1000R is a hoot, but I don't want a naked.  Don't mention the Dullville or the NC700, not to my taste at all.

So although I've considered them I only really ridden Honda's, one day I will get around to trying another manufacturer but I'm happy with the bikes I've chosen and don't have any real regrets or felt I've missed out on any bikes.

Shaunomercy

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 03:48:57 PM »
zx750 turbo.....  would have loved that bike.  never rode one either.
the suzuki rg250 gamma. rode one. it was great.
suzuki katana... wanted.  couldnt afford.  still want... still cant afford :-\
paul

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 06:12:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by Smeagol [+]
I've only been riding 3 years.

I did my DAS on a Honda CBF500, CBT was done on a chinese copy of a CG125 (horrible thing and I managed to burn out the clutch   :164:)

When I went looking around bike dealers, before taking my test, I got "oh you can't have a test ride until you've had your licence for 2 years", or "we don't have any demo bikes of that model" until I got to Reading Honda, opposite the test centre.  They just said when you finish your test walk over here and take out what you want :152:  Took out the CBF600SA and just felt so at home with it I bought one.  Sometimes I wished I had bought the CBF1000, but not often as the 600 could keep up with most people being reasonably legal on the road  :164:

I test ridden most of Honda's recent bikes, and nothing from the other manufacturers has really caught my interest (I looked at them all recently).  I need a bike that does everything, commuting, fun days out and touring.  The two that I considered were the Crossrunner and CBF1000F, both about the same price but after testing the Crossrunner I new I would be happy with it.  I would have been happy on CBF1000 as well.

I love the Fireblade, for a quick blast but not all day riding.  The CB1000R is a hoot, but I don't want a naked.  Don't mention the Dullville or the NC700, not to my taste at all.

So although I've considered them I only really ridden Honda's, one day I will get around to trying another manufacturer but I'm happy with the bikes I've chosen and don't have any real regrets or felt I've missed out on any bikes.
I can understand you not liking the Deauville or NC700 as your main bike bike. However I have just bought a NC700Xas my 2nd bike (I don't have a car licence) daily commute a job it does extremely well. My previous commuter bikes were Deauvilles 2 X650 & 1 X700 again excellent forms of transport even if not great fun
Audere est Facere

Smeagol

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 07:17:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rocker66 [+]
I can understand you not liking the Deauville or NC700 as your main bike bike. However I have just bought a NC700Xas my 2nd bike (I don't have a car licence) daily commute a job it does extremely well. My previous commuter bikes were Deauvilles 2 X650 & 1 X700 again excellent forms of transport even if not great fun

Not saying the bikes are crap, just not my cup of tea.  :016:

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 05:09:00 PM »
as I said I can understand you not liking them. Not sure that I would want either as my only bike
Audere est Facere

Offline Will vZ

• Crossrunner Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: VFR800X/Vulcan S
  • City / Town: Castel
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 05:47:55 PM »
Always had a fancy for the late '70s Z650 with a 4-1 piper exhaust, but couldn't afford it back then. Then the CBX, same story. These days I sometimes wonder about a Pan, but a bit big for our roads here, I think. Still curious about the crosstourer as well.

Will.

Offline Carlsv8

• Crossrunner Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 97 Blade +800x
  • City / Town: Durham
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2015, 08:56:02 AM »
Ducati 748, 900ss and a VFR 750 single sided
It's easier to get more money than it is a day of your life back.

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CBR650F
  • City / Town: Rayleigh
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2015, 12:00:31 PM »
I nearly bought an 1100 Katana as my first big bike but a mate came up with a mint gs500ez that was too good to refuse before I parted with the cash.

I still regret not getting the Katana especially seeing the prices they go for now.

:001: