Author Bikes you wish that you had bought  (Read 9301 times)

• Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master  ‐    687
    • Topic Author

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
    • City / Town: Ashford Kent
    Bikes you wish that you had bought
    on: May 10, 2012, 05:06:43 am
    May 10, 2012, 05:06:43 am
    Sitting at work tonight reading the article on the Kawasaki Z! in Motorcycle News I got to remembering how close I came to buying one when they were first launched. I took one out from Geoff Darryn M/Cs in Sandwich  and really liked it. I was about to to buy a new bike but sadly my girlfriend at the time convinced me to get a BMW instead as we were doing a lot of bike rallys at the time and she thought that this would be more comfortable for her. To this day I really regret not buying the Z1 as I still think that they are a great looking bike.

This all made me wonder if anyone else out there has bikes that they wished they had bought but didn't
    4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
    Audere est Facere

• Offline Ruhri

• Ex Member
    • Crossrunner Pro  ‐    210

Offline Ruhri

• Ex Member
    • Crossrunner Pro
    • Bike: Honda Crosrunner
    • City / Town: Essen
    Re: Bikes you wish that you had bought
    Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 12:38:38 pm
    May 10, 2012, 12:38:38 pm

Smeagol

Smeagol

Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 01:54:18 pm
    May 10, 2012, 01:54:18 pm
    I've only been riding 3 years.

I did my DAS on a Honda CBF500, CBT was done on a chinese copy of a CG125 (horrible thing and I managed to burn out the clutch   :164:)

When I went looking around bike dealers, before taking my test, I got "oh you can't have a test ride until you've had your licence for 2 years", or "we don't have any demo bikes of that model" until I got to Reading Honda, opposite the test centre.  They just said when you finish your test walk over here and take out what you want :152:  Took out the CBF600SA and just felt so at home with it I bought one.  Sometimes I wished I had bought the CBF1000, but not often as the 600 could keep up with most people being reasonably legal on the road  :164:

I test ridden most of Honda's recent bikes, and nothing from the other manufacturers has really caught my interest (I looked at them all recently).  I need a bike that does everything, commuting, fun days out and touring.  The two that I considered were the Crossrunner and CBF1000F, both about the same price but after testing the Crossrunner I new I would be happy with it.  I would have been happy on CBF1000 as well.

I love the Fireblade, for a quick blast but not all day riding.  The CB1000R is a hoot, but I don't want a naked.  Don't mention the Dullville or the NC700, not to my taste at all.

So although I've considered them I only really ridden Honda's, one day I will get around to trying another manufacturer but I'm happy with the bikes I've chosen and don't have any real regrets or felt I've missed out on any bikes.

Shaunomercy

Shaunomercy

Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 03:48:57 pm
    May 10, 2012, 03:48:57 pm
    zx750 turbo.....  would have loved that bike.  never rode one either.
    the suzuki rg250 gamma. rode one. it was great.
    suzuki katana... wanted.  couldnt afford.  still want... still cant afford :-\
    paul

• Offline Rocker66

• Topic Author

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • Topic Author
    Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 06:12:42 pm
    May 10, 2012, 06:12:42 pm
    *Originally Posted by Smeagol [+]
    I've only been riding 3 years.

I did my DAS on a Honda CBF500, CBT was done on a chinese copy of a CG125 (horrible thing and I managed to burn out the clutch   :164:)

When I went looking around bike dealers, before taking my test, I got "oh you can't have a test ride until you've had your licence for 2 years", or "we don't have any demo bikes of that model" until I got to Reading Honda, opposite the test centre.  They just said when you finish your test walk over here and take out what you want :152:  Took out the CBF600SA and just felt so at home with it I bought one.  Sometimes I wished I had bought the CBF1000, but not often as the 600 could keep up with most people being reasonably legal on the road  :164:

I test ridden most of Honda's recent bikes, and nothing from the other manufacturers has really caught my interest (I looked at them all recently).  I need a bike that does everything, commuting, fun days out and touring.  The two that I considered were the Crossrunner and CBF1000F, both about the same price but after testing the Crossrunner I new I would be happy with it.  I would have been happy on CBF1000 as well.

I love the Fireblade, for a quick blast but not all day riding.  The CB1000R is a hoot, but I don't want a naked.  Don't mention the Dullville or the NC700, not to my taste at all.

So although I've considered them I only really ridden Honda's, one day I will get around to trying another manufacturer but I'm happy with the bikes I've chosen and don't have any real regrets or felt I've missed out on any bikes.
    I can understand you not liking the Deauville or NC700 as your main bike bike. However I have just bought a NC700Xas my 2nd bike (I don't have a car licence) daily commute a job it does extremely well. My previous commuter bikes were Deauvilles 2 X650 & 1 X700 again excellent forms of transport even if not great fun
    Audere est Facere

Smeagol

Smeagol

Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 07:17:13 pm
    May 10, 2012, 07:17:13 pm
    *Originally Posted by Rocker66 [+]
    I can understand you not liking the Deauville or NC700 as your main bike bike. However I have just bought a NC700Xas my 2nd bike (I don't have a car licence) daily commute a job it does extremely well. My previous commuter bikes were Deauvilles 2 X650 & 1 X700 again excellent forms of transport even if not great fun

Not saying the bikes are crap, just not my cup of tea.  :016:

• Offline Rocker66

• Topic Author

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • Topic Author
    Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 05:09:00 pm
    May 11, 2012, 05:09:00 pm
    as I said I can understand you not liking them. Not sure that I would want either as my only bike
    Audere est Facere

• Offline Will vZ

• Crossrunner Member  ‐    60

Offline Will vZ

• Crossrunner Member
    • Bike: VFR800X/Vulcan S
    • City / Town: Castel
    Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 05:47:55 pm
    May 11, 2012, 05:47:55 pm
    Always had a fancy for the late '70s Z650 with a 4-1 piper exhaust, but couldn't afford it back then. Then the CBX, same story. These days I sometimes wonder about a Pan, but a bit big for our roads here, I think. Still curious about the crosstourer as well.

Will.

• Offline Carlsv8

• Crossrunner Member  ‐    75

Offline Carlsv8

• Crossrunner Member
    • Bike: 97 Blade +800x
    • City / Town: Durham
    Reply #8 on: December 07, 2015, 08:56:02 am
    December 07, 2015, 08:56:02 am
    Ducati 748, 900ss and a VFR 750 single sided
    It's easier to get more money than it is a day of your life back.

• Offline Greenie   england

• Crossrunner Master  ‐    336

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
    • Bike: CBR650F
    • City / Town: Rayleigh
    Reply #9 on: December 07, 2015, 12:00:31 pm
    December 07, 2015, 12:00:31 pm
    I nearly bought an 1100 Katana as my first big bike but a mate came up with a mint gs500ez that was too good to refuse before I parted with the cash.

I still regret not getting the Katana especially seeing the prices they go for now.

:001:

recent