Recent Gallery Images

From Turkiye

Views: 106
Posted by: forallende
in: Members Albums

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Honda Fcuk,s us all again !!!!  (Read 13968 times)

Offline Crossrunner Rob

• Crossrunner Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: romford
Honda Fcuk,s us all again !!!!
« on: May 15, 2012, 01:24:10 PM »

Shaunomercy

Re: Honda Fcuk,s us all again !!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 01:42:07 PM »
rob prices vary massively.  dobles will be moving 2011 bikes i suspect.  whether you paid over odds im unsure. i paid 7600 for mine. it was 6 month old and had done 1200 mile.  but mine came with both screens, center stand, heated grips and full luggage.  how old was your bike when you bought it ?
also if you look on ebay there are some white vfr800 vtecs for a shade over 8k that are brand new but a9 frame prefix.
prices are dropping massively on new and nearly new at the moment but generally speaking the honda v4 bikes do hold value well. 
i think all this discounting is more about dealers trying to keep their heads above water and shift bikes.  doesnt do us any favours admittedly, but it speaks volumes about the economy on a whole.
i think the only bike out there at the moment thats holding it money is the nc700x
paul

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 02:06:05 PM »
It really pays to shop around and be prepared to travel to get the best price - or point out to the possible supplier what you can get simply by looking father afield. The bike trade is in a real bad place at the moment and more are bound to go bust.

As it sounds like it's the second time around - hopefully you will now have learned the bitter lesson we all do sooner or later Rob - haggle and shop around. If you want a crosstourer - wait until they are forced to give free luggage and massive discounts for one - in about 9 - 12 months time I would guess - when there will be 2012 models unsold aplenty.
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 04:30:47 PM »
When I traded my VFR1200DCT for the CR I got a very acceptable deal and when I traded my Deauville for the NC700X I had a maximum cost to change in figure but when the dealer wrote it down I was shocked at how much lower it was. I did the deal before he had time to change his mind. I guess sometimes sticking with one dealer is a good thing.
Another thing I don't understand is why people on here are always knocking Honda. With the possible exception of HD and to a certain extent depreciation of all makes of bikes is high. We have always had good service from Honda (Frame relaced FOC when well of warranty) and our dealer
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

Smeagol

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 06:15:04 PM »
I've got a feeling it's dealers trying to shift bikes they have in stock.  Stock ties up a huge amount of money and they seem to be willing to dump them just to get some money flowing in.  I've no definite proof of this it's just seems like a possible explanation.

Dobles seemed to have several Crossrunners registered December 2011 with 0 miles!  Why did they register them?  Maybe cancelled orders, who knows?

Honda seem to be open with their offers.  When an offer runs out a new, maybe better maybe worse offer is announced.  Although for ages they, I think it was Fiona Cole, said we won't offer 0% finance because we don't need to, we sell enough bikes without 0%.  Within a year 0% offers appear from Honda!

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 06:39:58 PM »
They register them to fullfill their quota
Audere est Facere

Smeagol

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 07:11:39 PM »
Really!  Not doubting you, but Dobles needing to "cook the books" surprises me, I thought they were about the biggest dealer in the south.  I suppose they will have a bigger quota than smaller dealers.

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 07:17:24 PM »
It's not cooking the books it's standard practise in the trade. The only problem with buying a pre registered bike is that the clock starts counting down on the warranty the day it's registered and of course you become the second keeper
Audere est Facere

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 07:50:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by Smeagol [+]
I think it was Fiona Cole, said we won't offer 0% finance because we don't need to, we sell enough bikes without 0%.  Within a year 0% offers appear from Honda!

I wondered what the FC in the topic subject meant - I get it now  - Fiona Cole has ***** :172: us all again. Having had some correspondence with her a while ago - I would never believe anything she said cos she is just a "spin" merchant.

But Rocker is right - Honda make superb bikes, just sometimes suffer from pretty bad PR. Dealer pricing is a seperate issue I think - they have to shift the bikes one way or the other. Suzuki did fantastic deals for a couple of years - just meant that there is now a flood of second hand Suzuki's on the market at very low prices. I experienced the same whan I moved from Suzuki to Honda. I got a great deal when I swopped suzuki for suzuki but less so when I P/x'd to CR.

KTM990SMT's have excatly the same reputation for low residuals - how many do you see of them - supply and demand again.

With Crossruners and a few other bikes - it is also a question of supply and demand. The bike is not selling in fantastic numbers as a new model (is any??) so demand is low - therefore lack of demand = low prices/low residuals. Just that you have to work hard or have the right relationship with your dealer to get a good deal.
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Smeagol

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 08:36:17 PM »
Yes Fiona is a spin merchant, that's her job, but she does it well.  She's been to local HOC meetings to answer questions, preaching to the converted really  :001: