nordkapp

Views: 152
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst
IMG 2655

Views: 292
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Best tall screen for Crossrunner?  (Read 17185 times)

Offline shugyosha

• Crossrunner Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: crossrunner
  • City / Town: st annes
Best tall screen for Crossrunner?
« on: May 16, 2012, 09:00:06 PM »
Can anyone recommend a good tall screen?

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: Best tall screen for Crossrunner?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 11:22:27 AM »
Lots of postings on here about screens - but issue is not what suits somebody else - what suits you. One screen perfevt for some and rubbish for others.
Puig, Powerbronze (which I have got) seem to be the ones most are keen on.
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Smeagol

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 07:03:33 PM »
The only one I've tried is the Honda.  Good airflow around the head but the real problem is that it makes the instrument pod wobble alarmingly, the instruments seem not to have a very solid mounting so I'm curious about how other screens handle this.  The standard screen is definitely too small, it almost feels like riding a naked bike.

Offline Mitch

• Crossrunner Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda VFR800X
  • City / Town: Sydney
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 10:29:36 AM »
Im picking up a Honda tall screen tomorrow, managed to pick one up cheap off ebay.
I find the standard screen to be fine, but ive got a decent sized ride coming up in 2 weeks, so i wanted a bigger screen to try and reduce potential fatigue.
I`ll give a report in a couple of weeks as to how I find it
Oh Sh*t!' is usually the moment when your plan parts ways with reality

Shaunomercy

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 01:58:15 PM »
get some miles in with the honda touring screen before your trip.  You may find you want to swop back

Paul

Offline Mitch

• Crossrunner Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda VFR800X
  • City / Town: Sydney
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 10:15:56 PM »
I have the luxury of having a friend in a car doing the same trip, so i`ll put the spare screen in his boot  :002:

Hoping to not need it though
Oh Sh*t!' is usually the moment when your plan parts ways with reality

Offline maxincuk

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Swanley
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 07:32:38 AM »
Honda's tall screen is fine, just make sure you pack earplugs to block out the noise  :001:

Offline leathers999

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Andover
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 09:01:02 AM »
Must just be me but when I took a test ride of the CR at Honda Reading the demo bike had the tall screen on - at slow speed I found it noisy but 70+ it rattled my eye balls so much it gave me double vision!! I put my hand in front of my face and the air flow moved my hand from side to side rapidly which is what it was doing to my head and gave me a headache after 15 mins. I went back and made the guy put the standard screen back on.

Since then tried the Puig but again I found it too noisy, just got the Powerbronze and for me it works perfectly, not too noisy and keeps the wind off your chest. I think the riders height has a lot to do with if a screen works for you or not - at 5'9" I am no giant but not exactly a midget either ( apologies to any midgets reading this....no offence!)

Offline maxincuk

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Swanley
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 09:44:50 AM »
This is clearly a very personal perception of how this screen performs. For me at 6' tall it is incredibly noisy without earplugs but not turbulences at all. There is a bit of dash movement but I would say is nothing worse than riding at low speeds on a rougher surface. I got very distracted by the noise at speeds anything beyond 40mph while at motorways speeds it was indeed uncomfortable. Having said that, once I put the earplugs on, they filtered the wind noise very well and I was still able to hear traffic and engine noise at significant speeds.

Smeagol

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 04:58:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by maxincuk [+]
Having said that, once I put the earplugs on, they filtered the wind noise very well and I was still able to hear traffic and engine noise at significant speeds.

Earplugs are an essential piece of kit, there are a lot of old deaf bikers out there.  The trouble is by the time you notice that your hearings going it's too late the damage is done and there is no going back.

On the CBF, with a Schuberth S1 ( a very quite combination ), I would not wear plugs on short trips but always on longer rides.

On the CR, with a Shoei Qwest I wear plugs all the time now, it's a lot noisier ( some of that due to my addiction with the noise it makes going into VTEC  :034: )

recent