Recent Gallery Images

From Turkiye

Views: 218
Posted by: forallende
in: Members Albums

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: instrument cluster  (Read 4359 times)

malcolm

instrument cluster
« on: May 27, 2012, 08:28:21 PM »
Anybody else noticed a big gap between the LCD display and the plastic surround, there are 2 plastic plugs at the bottom 
but they dont seem to hold the surround at the top. I have put some double sided tap in there to keep them together but I think its a very poor design.

Smeagol

Re: instrument cluster
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 09:23:56 PM »
Yes mine almost feels like it is not fixed properly, you can move the surround easily by a few mm and there is a couple of mm gap.

Cheap design, fixings cost money even if it is only a couple of pence  :182: it could do with a couple of fixings to secure it properly. 

Offline Ralf73

• Crossrunner Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Munich
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 08:08:51 AM »

Smeagol

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 04:37:51 PM »
I havn't taken the shroud off to have a look at how the electronics are protected.  But I hope they are well protected as that shroud will do nothing to keep out the elements.

I think the VFR had some problems with corrosion on the tracks of the instrument PCB, easily repairable but that was a different instrument cluster to the runner.

Offline maxincuk

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Swanley
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 07:57:57 AM »
I think the shroud is there purely for aesthetics and doesn't have any structural or protective role. Although it doesn't feel very solid when pushed, I think it nicely integrated with the overall design of the front end.

Offline Ruhri

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda Crosrunner
  • City / Town: Essen
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 02:49:16 PM »

Offline Zaentzpantz

• Crossrunner Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Sprint ST 955i
  • City / Town: Epsom
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 09:42:43 PM »
I read one review for the Crossrunner which pointed out that the top fairing on the test bike had wildly different clearances on each side where it meets the fuel tank. Then when I was looking at one in Dobles I spotted the same problem. The left fairing was only a few mm away from the tank but the right fairing had a gap of about 25mm. Plus there was a fresh pool of radiator fluid underneath!
Maybe the attention to detail is slipping at Honda.

Smeagol

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 09:28:03 AM »
Honda don't have the reputation for build quality that they used to have.  :019:

Does anyone know where the runner is built?

Offline maxincuk

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Swanley
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 08:22:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by Zaentzpantz [+]
I read one review for the Crossrunner which pointed out that the top fairing on the test bike had wildly different clearances on each side where it meets the fuel tank. Then when I was looking at one in Dobles I spotted the same problem. The left fairing was only a few mm away from the tank but the right fairing had a gap of about 25mm. Plus there was a fresh pool of radiator fluid underneath!
Maybe the attention to detail is slipping at Honda.

This strongly seem to suggest that the bike has been dropped on it's right side and I wouldn't qualify this as a build quality problem.

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 01:02:27 PM »
I agree with comments about the looseness of the instrument consol and the surrounding plastic - maybe it is intentional as if it were fixed hard there could be more vibration - but it does look pretty shabby. I have a problem with the right hand side tank pod. This insists on working loose from the fixing gromet fastener. But maybe could be incorrect refitting when I stripped the bike down to fit scottoiler (access to V pipe needed).
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

* Recent Topics

topic Hello
[New Members]
Throbber
Today at 12:54:27 PM
topic Oil change
[VFR800X Crossrunner - General Chat]
Skids
Yesterday at 02:16:02 PM
topic Tank Bag
[Accessories and Products]