Recent Gallery Images

cleaned for winter

Views: 53
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst


Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Greetings fellow Crossrunners  (Read 3198 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline The Mad Jock

  • Crossrunner Junior
  • *
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Bedfordshire
  • Country: United Kingdom
Greetings fellow Crossrunners
« on: June 01, 2012, 04:53:47 PM »
Hi folks,

My name is George, just collected my new Crossrunner in White today and ridden it the 20 miles or so home to it's new bunker.

Engine much sweeter than my Versys which will now be demoted to more local duties, seems very well balanced at low speeds and for sure has a sporty edge to it's character. 

Passing my test nearly 4 years ago has seen me get through a few too many bikes to find what I want but with this Crossrunner, my Versys and a Hornet blinged into a Simoncelli tribute I honestly think I have a tool for each occasion - which is just as well because I think Wifey is tiring of the revolving door on my garage.....

PS I tried to attatch a couple of pics but they are too large so I will have to take some more.

Offline MX

  • Crossrunner Member
  • **
  • Posts: 59
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Buccinasco (MI)
  • Country: Italy
Re: Greetings fellow Crossrunners
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 02:23:10 PM »
Welcome on board

Offline xrunjoe

  • Crossrunner Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 607
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
  • Country: UK
Re: Greetings fellow Crossrunners
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 06:58:48 PM »
Hi George and welcome to the forum.
Maybe catch up for a sunday meet sometime??
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Offline uoorns

  • Crossrunner Member
  • **
  • Posts: 80
    • View Profile
  • Bike: crossrunner
  • City / Town: northampton
  • Country: UK
Re: Greetings fellow Crossrunners
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 10:43:17 AM »
*Originally Posted by The Mad Jock [+]
Hi folks,

My name is George, just collected my new Crossrunner in White today and ridden it the 20 miles or so home to it's new bunker.

Engine much sweeter than my Versys which will now be demoted to more local duties, seems very well balanced at low speeds and for sure has a sporty edge to it's character. 

Passing my test nearly 4 years ago has seen me get through a few too many bikes to find what I want but with this Crossrunner, my Versys and a Hornet blinged into a Simoncelli tribute I honestly think I have a tool for each occasion - which is just as well because I think Wifey is tiring of the revolving door on my garage.....

PS I tried to attatch a couple of pics but they are too large so I will have to take some more.


Hi George and welcome.

Following what xrunjoe has said - perhaps the three of us (I am in Northampton) could meet for a run.

Regards    uoorns
hornetsfan

Offline uoorns

  • Crossrunner Member
  • **
  • Posts: 80
    • View Profile
  • Bike: crossrunner
  • City / Town: northampton
  • Country: UK
Re: Greetings fellow Crossrunners
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 10:45:22 AM »
Meant to say also - sounds like you could start your own bike shop from home. A great collection.
hornetsfan

Offline The Mad Jock

  • Crossrunner Junior
  • *
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Bedfordshire
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: Greetings fellow Crossrunners
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 07:22:20 PM »
Thanks for replies. I did notice there seems to be other CR's quite local, not averse to a wee meet/ride-out at all.  I work shifts but Sundays can be taken off anyway with a bit of notice to just let me know.

Still trying to work out why my photos are so big but am trying again. 

Offline xrunjoe

  • Crossrunner Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 607
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
  • Country: UK
Re: Greetings fellow Crossrunners
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 07:35:10 PM »
Nice lookin bike George. Look forward to seeing it in the metal.
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Offline The Mad Jock

  • Crossrunner Junior
  • *
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Bedfordshire
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: Greetings fellow Crossrunners
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 10:23:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by uoorns [+]
Meant to say also - sounds like you could start your own bike shop from home. A great collection.

Yes, but this move got me from 4 down to 3............  :002:

I just noticed that in the pic are the SV650S and SV1000 Classic I traded for the CR.  I'm not proud but I've realised that the CR is the 8th Bike I've bought in 4 years riding (of which I still have the 3).  The list goes CG125, SV650S '02, Versys (kept), SH300 Scooter, Hornet (kept), SV1000 Classic, SV650S '04 and now Crossrunner.  Thankfully I think I've got the balance right now, just need to pay for them  :114:.

Smeagol

  • Guest
Re: Greetings fellow Crossrunners
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 01:08:33 PM »
 :400:

Would not be against meeting up either, already met Joe and that didn't pit me off  :016:

Offline xrunjoe

  • Crossrunner Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 607
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
  • Country: UK
Re: Greetings fellow Crossrunners
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 05:13:33 PM »
*Originally Posted by Smeagol [+]
:400:
Would not be against meeting up either, already met Joe and that didn't pit me off  :016:

 :008:I'll try harder next time. Am posting up invite to a meeting for next sunday- venue maybe Dunsatble Downs but if you fancied it Smeago - would look for something abit more your way.
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX