nordkapp

Views: 152
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst
IMG 2655

Views: 292
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Euro Trip pics  (Read 1746 times)

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
Euro Trip pics
« on: June 06, 2012, 08:59:47 PM »
Got back sunday night very tired and wet having travelled from Baden Baden.
Slight adjustment to plan necessary as some roads around Mt Blanc closed - so after a day riding high in the mountains where possible we diverted to Route Napoleon via Grenoble,  which is a fantastic ride down to French Riveira.

I rode solo for a couple of days and took in a route from Garda to Vaduz in Lichtenstien via St Moritz and the Bernnina and Julier passes.
A few snaps attached..
Near Mt Blanc before we hit the snow line

Getting a bit whiter

Road comes to an end at the Italian border

Near Stelvio Pass

Bernnina Pass

« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 10:41:43 PM by xrunjoe »
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Shaunomercy

Re: Euro Trip pics
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 09:52:02 PM »
nice pics joe.  jammy git :D

so how did you find the cr on a big tour and then hooning round the passes ? just the tool for the job ?
paul

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 10:39:59 PM »
CR everything I needed for the trip -maybe two up with more luggage would be different?
No problems riding with 1250 suZuki's and a Multistrada at sensible speeds - and 90 ish for longish periods was easy. Very, very wet at times - PR3's great. Found that the major difference over last year was seat comfort - at the end of each day (and after total of 2740 miles (inc 600 on last day) I was not in particular discomfort. That after a total of 52 hours in the saddle over the 10 days (inc one non riding day).

Personally I still don't like masses of hairpins particularly in wet downhill - but that's me not the bike.
Will not take a long trip into/around  Alps again. Have concluded a full on bike tour is not the same as a biking holiday. At my age I need more leisure time!!

Advice - never ever go anywhere near Annecy - its a nightmare to ride through.

Shaunomercy

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 03:48:09 AM »
joe.
its not that your old matey.  you made the same mistake as i and my friends did when we did switzerland.  By mistake you made the bike holiday an endurance test.
day after day riding and pushing on
is extremely punishing.
  On our trip we were camping which added to the strain cause of pitching and unpacking and then packing up following morning.
rule of thumb........
3 days on bikes and 2 off to recharge then on way for another 3 days and 2 off.
doing it that way makes it a HOLIDAY on your bike and not a gruelling bike trip.

paul^-^
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 03:52:33 AM by Shaunomercy »

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 11:53:42 AM »
Yes you are right paul - particularly heavy first/second (700 miles plus) and last day (700plus)  riding to get down to the real trip destinations. This, as last year,  was really dictated by the limited days holiday available to some of the group - ideally I would want 2 full weeks for this sort of trip and more rest/non bike days.

Smeagol

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 01:06:03 PM »
Great pics Joe.  Glad you had a good time, I will be posting some pics of Scotland when I get sorted out.