nordkapp

Views: 152
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst
IMG 2655

Views: 292
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Panic!!!!  (Read 4546 times)

Offline cowgillbiker

• Crossrunner Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: cbf 1000
Panic!!!!
« on: May 25, 2011, 04:16:56 PM »
Just read the test reports etc in MCN, hope I havn't made a mistake by jumping in  too soon and ordering a crossrunner? I am just telling myself that all these reports are very subjective, I know I have read some bad reviews and reports about my cbf 1000 but I've been very happy with it. Also when I had the test ride and many 'sit-on's' I felt it good. So I'll just have to keep fingeres crossed :034:

Offline Mjoellnir

• Crossrunner Junior
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Dllikon
Re: Panic!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 09:37:33 AM »
Don't panic....
Just read the test in Motorrad - sounds good to me.
And a few days ago i was out to testride the CR with a friend. We think its a great bike.

Offline cowgillbiker

• Crossrunner Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 05:43:03 PM »
Thanks for that. Well 11.00 am tomorrow and I am picking the bike up, quite excited to say the least

Offline ROGER

• Crossrunner Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CROSSRUNNER
  • City / Town: CHESHIRE
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 10:50:13 PM »
how is the cr going ?????  :031: :031:

Offline cowgillbiker

• Crossrunner Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 12:01:59 PM »
I am loving it. Very comfortable to ride, I have no issues at all regarding leg position as in a lot of the review's, it just feels right. The handling is superb, and as in my other post about fuel consumption I am averaging above 50mpg (53 at last check), I admit I am being quite gentle with it at the moment cos just running in etc, but I can tell the performance is going to be just what you would expect from the vfr. Would I swap back to my cbf1000? no way, as much as I liked and enjoyed the biffer this is just in another league as far as I am concerned. The only small issues I would have is: not much room under seat, though I have managed to fit my starcom unit in no probs, and no easy way to fit a sat nav, though again I think when the time comes that I need one I reckon I will find a way.

Anyway again in short I have no regrets at all in my purchase :002:

Offline ROGER

• Crossrunner Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CROSSRUNNER
  • City / Town: CHESHIRE
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 11:14:14 PM »
 :062: I to am loving my CR and getting about same MPG, also would not go back to old machine. It just seems to get better and better did over 200 miles last run out and at 5ft-11in felt great no aches or pains, just loved the day out such a great all rounder. How did your trip go with CR and BMW ??     :261:   :030:

PS Have you had first service yet if so how much did you get charged.     :211:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 11:22:57 PM by ROGER »

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 08:46:44 PM »
I was a bit put off by MCN review and some of the halfwit smartarse comments from people who only like huge bikes or smoothey looking ones etc etc - but as time goes by those that do report sensibly seem to be hitting the right spot. Remember that half the world don't have a good thing to say about Hondas anyway.

It looks different and rides differently to most bikes - so only the opinion of the actual rider is important and beauty is only in the eye of the beholder as I recall. Even Mr negative knowall Kevin Ash seems to have mellowed.

Funniest thing I saw is the entry in what Bike MCN supplement - they question its price in comentary - but then put a "great value for money" sticker next to it - and finally point out that the Triumph Tiger is cheaper in the negatives notes. Talk about sitting on the fence. :008:
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Offline cowgillbiker

• Crossrunner Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 02:20:26 PM »

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 07:41:47 PM »
Sounds like nice trip - have been focused on getting mine run in and will be going for first service on Thursday - a week after I picked it up. Have really enjoyed three solid days riding last week (Thurs.Fri, Sat) and have got well over 500 on the clock mostly just bimbling round country lanes.
That was someting I didn't used to do much of on me GSX1250 - which is why I changed.

Also been tinkering around (fettling) a bit - will post up more on this next.
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

recent