Recent Gallery Images

From Turkiye

Views: 106
Posted by: forallende
in: Members Albums


Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: My first week on the CR  (Read 4678 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline mrvelcrofast

  • Crossrunner Member
  • **
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
  • Bike: VFR800X,VFR750FV
  • City / Town: London
  • Country: UK
My first week on the CR
« on: July 13, 2012, 06:52:38 PM »
Yes I've actually had the bike a week today.
Covered near a thousand miles. Had the 600 mile service yesterday.

Good points:
what a fantastic bike/tool .... one of my better choices for the job.
Gearbox and engine are fabulously smooth ..... I can only imagine it will get smoother with age :)
Brakes awesome .... just right with lots of feeling.

Genuine heated grips .... wow they heat up fast. Can't wait for winter! (joke)

Puig screen .... excellent investment!

Bad points:
Pirelli Scorpions fine in the dry but very iffy in the wet. Will change to road tyres ASAP.

Seat keeps popping off the front left mounting point. In under warranty already but feel I'm going to get the same second time round. From what I can see .... the very front of the seat is dipping in the middle, this in turn allows the side to push out, so need to put some kind of spacer under the seat to support it?

Honda free luggage. Quickly came to the conclusion that the top box was a waste of space. Went out and bought a Givi Maxia E55
with universal fitting plate, which I made to fit on the Honda rack with aid of dremel ! (removed stupid wobble plate thingy first)

What's the the fuel guage when it gets to empty. Seems to constantly reset itself?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 06:55:56 PM by mrvelcrofast »

Offline mrvelcrofast

  • Crossrunner Member
  • **
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
  • Bike: VFR800X,VFR750FV
  • City / Town: London
  • Country: UK
Re: My first week on the CR
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 06:54:39 PM »
Oh and about fuel copnsumption:
Best AV figures I have seen in 13.9 ... does that sound right?

How far will it go on reserve/E flashing?

Offline mrvelcrofast

  • Crossrunner Member
  • **
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
  • Bike: VFR800X,VFR750FV
  • City / Town: London
  • Country: UK
Re: My first week on the CR
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 06:56:50 PM »
I'll take some pics when it's been logo'd up hopefully next week  :002:

Smeagol

  • Guest
Re: My first week on the CR
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 07:30:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by mrvelcrofast [+]
Oh and about fuel copnsumption:
Best AV figures I have seen in 13.9 ... does that sound right?

How far will it go on reserve/E flashing?

13.9 Miles/L ?  wow only get that when engine braking.  My average is about 9.

Seat does seem poorly supported at the front, but not had anything pop off.

Fuel gauge is supposed to count up when 4.5l left! (effectively the red zone in a normal fuel gauge) (so for you 62miles before empty, but the gauge under reads and I don't really trust it) What a stupid idea  :230:  Badly designed fuel gauge means it pops in and out of reserve display for several miles before settling down (it needs hysteresis)

Offline uoorns

  • Crossrunner Member
  • **
  • Posts: 80
    • View Profile
  • Bike: crossrunner
  • City / Town: northampton
  • Country: UK
Re: My first week on the CR
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 07:36:02 PM »
1,000 miles in a week. That's impresssive. I believe the reserve works on the basis that it is 4.5 litres. I think the figure shows the amount (in litres) of the reserve that you have used. It is not the amount of the reserve that is left. So it will click up to that level (4.5) and then ...... bike stops. Mine seems a little pessimistic . I've had it up to 3.5 litres but then have only been able to get about 17 litres in the tank.
hornetsfan

Offline mrvelcrofast

  • Crossrunner Member
  • **
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
  • Bike: VFR800X,VFR750FV
  • City / Town: London
  • Country: UK
Re: My first week on the CR
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 08:37:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by Smeagol [+]
13.9 Miles/L ?  wow only get that when engine braking.  My average is about 9.

Seat does seem poorly supported at the front, but not had anything pop off.

Fuel gauge is supposed to count up when 4.5l left! (effectively the red zone in a normal fuel gauge) (so for you 62miles before empty, but the gauge under reads and I don't really trust it) What a stupid idea  :230:  Badly designed fuel gauge means it pops in and out of reserve display for several miles before settling down (it needs hysteresis)

OK gonna have to do the 'carry a spare litre of fuel' routine so I can suss it out.

The 13.9 was total pussy footing. It wasn't real world riding at all, but I just wanted to see what could be done. Try sitting at 2.5K revs in 6th and only accelerate very very slowly and smoothly through the gears to get there. Short shift :)

Offline mrvelcrofast

  • Crossrunner Member
  • **
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
  • Bike: VFR800X,VFR750FV
  • City / Town: London
  • Country: UK
Re: My first week on the CR
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 08:40:55 PM »
on the other hand .... after the 600 service, I was on an empty country road somewhere in Cambridgeshire .... opened it up properly for the very first time  :156: :156: :087: :028: :172:
It goes proper mental at 10K revs!
Almost 100mph in 2nd  :017:

Smeagol

  • Guest
Re: My first week on the CR
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 08:45:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by mrvelcrofast [+]
on the other hand .... after the 600 service, I was on an empty country road somewhere in Cambridgeshire .... opened it up properly for the very first time  :156: :156: :087: :028: :172:
It goes proper mental at 10K revs!
Almost 100mph in 2nd  :017:

If you get the chance take it to Scotland, oh boy   :047: :047: :047: ( nearly said goodbye to my license  :192:

Offline mrvelcrofast

  • Crossrunner Member
  • **
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
  • Bike: VFR800X,VFR750FV
  • City / Town: London
  • Country: UK
Re: My first week on the CR
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 08:57:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by Smeagol [+]
If you get the chance take it to Scotland, oh boy   :047: :047: :047: ( nearly said goodbye to my license  :192:

Don't tempt me!  :008:

Shaunomercy

  • Guest
Re: Re: My first week on the CR
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 11:07:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by mrvelcrofast [+]
Oh and about fuel copnsumption:
Best AV figures I have seen in 13.9 ... does that sound right?

How far will it go on reserve/E flashing?
thats a fantasic figure. mines around 9.8 generally.
mind im out with the vfr forum this weekend so im aiming for 6.7. ;)
the lower the figure the more fun you see >:D

paul