Recent Gallery Images

cleaned for winter

Views: 53
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: They are bigger than you think  (Read 2997 times)

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
They are bigger than you think
« on: July 16, 2012, 04:22:40 PM »
I have just packed the Honda luggage (with inner bags) with all my requirements for a 11 day trip with no problems. In addition I only needed a small back pack for things like spare gloves chain lube handy stand etc. In despite of their small appearance the panniers and top box are adequate well at least for my requirements.
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: They are bigger than you think
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 05:28:48 PM »
I only have panniers - but found that I could fit enough in them for a 10 nights trip by being disciplined and avoiding overpacking. I am wondering if a top box would be useful though as I would have liked just a little bit more room for some riding gear options and a few other things.
Do we take it that Mrs Rocker is not travelling on same bike - friends tell me that it's sometimes the lady who needs all the extra space for hairdriers, make up etc etc. and no matter how much luggage you have - they will never have enough.
I make this observation with absolutely no intention of appearing to malign your good lady - you may be one of the lucky ones.
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Smeagol

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 05:42:41 PM »
I found panniers and top box fine for my 10 days in Scotland, not that I needed much as every day was out all day on the bike  :001:

For every day use, I work in a different place almost every day so can't leave stuff at work, I normally only have the top box on and this is a bit restricting, I used to have a givi 42 L box and this was fine for my working day but the smaller Honda one is a bit cramped for me.

I also think the Top Box looks small on the bike, a bit toytownish  :034:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 05:49:24 PM by Smeagol »

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 06:05:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by xrunjoe [+]
I only have panniers - but found that I could fit enough in them for a 10 nights trip by being disciplined and avoiding overpacking. I am wondering if a top box would be useful though as I would have liked just a little bit more room for some riding gear options and a few other things.
Do we take it that Mrs Rocker is not travelling on same bike - friends tell me that it's sometimes the lady who needs all the extra space for hairdriers, make up etc etc. and no matter how much luggage you have - they will never have enough.
I make this observation with absolutely no intention of appearing to malign your good lady - you may be one of the lucky ones.

Mrs Rocker NEVER travels on the same bike as she always uses one of hers
Audere est Facere

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 08:09:54 PM »
Then you are indeed one of the (very) lucky ones. Hope you both have a good trip. :028:
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 08:13:59 PM »
Thank now if our friends up north could just turn the rain tap off and the beer tap on that would be great :002:
Audere est Facere

Shaunomercy

Re: Re: They are bigger than you think
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 04:08:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by Smeagol [+]
I found panniers and top box fine for my 10 days in Scotland, not that I needed much as every day was out all day on the bike  :001:

For every day use, I work in a different place almost every day so can't leave stuff at work, I normally only have the top box on and this is a bit restricting, I used to have a givi 42 L box and this was fine for my working day but the smaller Honda one is a bit cramped for me.

I also think the Top Box looks small on the bike, a bit toytownish  :034:

+1
honda sandwich box removed and my 46l kappa fitted. 

paul