Recent Gallery Images

From Turkiye

Views: 135
Posted by: forallende
in: Members Albums

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Front disc vibes.  (Read 1520 times)

Offline gatesy

• Crossrunner Member
  • Tyres down saddle up!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: crossrunner
  • City / Town: Le Bosc Renoult
Front disc vibes.
« on: July 20, 2012, 11:16:59 AM »
I had a vibrating front disc replaced under gurantee at 8Kms. Now Honda France say that there are signs of a ding on the inside of the carrier and have refused the claim. Seems the local main dealer has no say in the matter anymore and all parts replaced under guarantee must be forwarded for a futher inspection by the national concessionaires who are the final arbiters. My beef is that anything could have happened to the part from being taken off the bike and the final remote inspection. There are both handling and postage stages where this mark could have been caused. I tried to argue this very point but have to admit that my language skills broke down on the more technical/legal points. The local main dealer was v sympathetic and helped all he could but to no avail. He did however forego the labour charges as he had just completed a service.
Is this a symptom of the financial hard times and Honda counting the pennies, and has anyone else had rough handling from Honda in other national markets over guarantee issues.
Tel; 02 33 35 85 84 for TLC if in trouble or even in the area.
Code postale; 61470

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: Front disc vibes.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 01:02:06 PM »
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Smeagol

Re: Front disc vibes.
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 05:47:57 PM »
Only claim I've had with Honda UK is for the leaking luggage, they replaced it immediately after asking for photos.  Still ongoing as the replacement panniers leaked, dealer has acknowledged they leak and is now going back to Honda.  Other peoples experience with Honda UK seem to have been very good, recently been reading a VFR1200 forum and a fair few problems with some of those that have been sorted by Honda UK.  Where there is a dispute most people seem to say that it depends on the dealer and how hard they argue with Honda.

Honda France I've no experience of, or heard anything about them, maybe they are not as good as UK?  One of the first things they will look for on front disc problems is riding off with a disc lock on, I'm not saying you did this but it happens so frequently and can cause so much damage.  Are they claiming this, or how else could you have caused the damage?  I'd want an answer from them to explain why they won't replace under warranty.

Speaking to my dealer they say sometimes Honda UK want the parts back for examination and sometimes they don't.  So it looks like either Honda France don't trust that, or all, dealers!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 05:50:18 PM by Smeagol »

recent