Recent Gallery Images

From Turkiye

Views: 106
Posted by: forallende
in: Members Albums

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rusty exuast headers  (Read 1993 times)

malcolm

Rusty exuast headers
« on: July 21, 2012, 06:58:57 PM »
Are these made of mild steel! I have had lots of bikes were the down pipes tarnish Vstrom, MotoGuzzi Norge Suzuki bandit
but all of these would polish up with some wire wool and metal polish. I have only had this bike 4 month and 3k miles it has never seen salt and I have polished the pipes every time I have washed the bike but they have become more and more pitted and are now going rusty. Has anybody else had this problem should I try and claim of Honda's warranty.

Shaunomercy

Re: Rusty exuast headers
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 08:39:04 PM »
might be worth a try.  they are coated stainless headers i believe

paul

Offline maxincuk

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Swanley
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 07:20:50 AM »
I tired polishing them once but they seem a lot harder than the pipes on the Suzuki so decided to give up as it takes too much time.

malcolm

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 07:43:21 AM »
*Originally Posted by Shaunomercy [+]
might be worth a try.  they are coated stainless headers i believe

Yeah  coated with rust  :233:

Shaunomercy

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 09:18:56 AM »
try bar keepers friend. you can get it at b & q.
triumph owners use it on headers

paul

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 11:25:45 AM »
I've got some Barkeepers and it does cut through the dirt and also clean off those black specks which look like tarmac or fried flies, and brings up a nice finish. Some pitting not removed though - but to be honest I have not had a real go with the stuff yet. I do think it will make a great improvement but rust ..that;s different!!
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

malcolm

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 06:02:31 PM »
Went to my local Honda dealer he said all honda v4s Duviles and the new 700s have this problem with poor quality stainless headers. When I asked about claiming on the warranty he said whats the point the new ones will just go the same!
Should we all wright to Honda and complain we would have to get VFR and Duvile forums to wright as well.Or would we just be wasting our time.