Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Speed limit  (Read 6730 times)

Offline Samurai

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Pireus
Speed limit
on: August 20, 2012, 07:20:07 PM
Does anyone know how to disable the speed limit without kit.I read somewhere that VFR1200f has an output Vsp to both dash and ECU.
If you remove Vsp (wire red/green black connector)  to the ECU and gone is the limitation.

Offline SwissVFR

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 87VFR + 2011CR
  • City / Town: St-Legier
Re: Speed limit
Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 09:44:53 PM
http://www.ashonbikes.com/forum/honda-crossrunner-electronic-restriction
https://www.honda-crossrunner.com/index.php?topic=150.10

Personally, after having ridden the CR on a stretch of motorway here that is known for high gusty winds, I would say that I would be a bit leery of taking it over 200 Km/h anyway - stability at high speeds feels quite a bit less than my VFR, perhaps due to the large amount of surface area high up on the bike...?  Anyway, Honda decided to limit the speed on the CR for some reason - and since that fact not really a selling point, I would guess they had some good reasons to do so... 

--sv

Smeagol

Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 10:35:03 PM
A bikes handling is a compromise.  If you go for high speed stability you loose some lower speed manoeuvrability, if you go for lower speed manoeuvrability it's not going to be as stable at higher speeds.

The CR is not built for high speed running, and will you really use more than 200KPH on the road?

Offline SwissVFR

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 87VFR + 2011CR
  • City / Town: St-Legier
Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 08:53:09 AM
Yeah, if you want to be doing over 200, I would suggest a different bike...  :038:  --sv

Offline Samurai

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Pireus
Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 09:03:52 AM
You are right.We don't need more than 200km.Day by day i like more this bike.

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 05:20:40 PM
I was very unhappy to learn that the CR has a 200kph restriction after I had bought it - purely because the failure to tell me was a deliberate non disclosure by Honda and / or its dealer.
Having said that, and knowing what I know now having had the bike for nearly a year and 11,000 miles - no way would I want to de restrict the CR as it is clearly would not be stable enough at higher speeds in various conditions with luggage on. :182:

I just wish, for the sake of clarity and new buyers Motorcycle News would change their web site review which shows 145mph top speed. :230: Interesting though that they show the CR standing 1/4 mile time as 12 secs  which is only slightly less than a super blackbird at 10.3secs - proves the CR can certainly mix acceleration with sports bikes.
Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 05:27:06 PM by xrunjoe
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

ali

Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 08:25:03 PM
*Originally Posted by SwissVFR [+]
Yeah, if you want to be doing over 200, I would suggest a different bike...  :038:  --sv
Clocked 202 Sunday bike is capable if required.No need for any restrictions to be removed.

Shaunomercy

Re: Re: Speed limit
Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 09:47:14 PM
*Originally Posted by xrunjoe [+]
I was very unhappy to learn that the CR has a 200kph restriction after I had bought it - purely because the failure to tell me was a deliberate non disclosure by Honda and / or its dealer.
Having said that, and knowing what I know now having had the bike for nearly a year and 11,000 miles - no way would I want to de restrict the CR as it is clearly would not be stable enough at higher speeds in various conditions with luggage on. :182:

I just wish, for the sake of clarity and new buyers Motorcycle News would change their web site review which shows 145mph top speed. :230: Interesting though that they show the CR standing 1/4 mile time as 12 secs  which is only slightly less than a super blackbird at 10.3secs - proves the CR can certainly mix acceleration with sports bikes.
Im not so sure joe. Riding position not that far removed from fz6 i had.  that felt stable enough showing an INDICATED 254kph with soft luggage, tank bag, top box, and luggage roll.
Nanny state and a manufacturer rolling over ?
Paul

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 11:56:01 AM
*Originally Posted by ali [+]
Clocked 202 Sunday bike is capable if required.No need for any restrictions to be removed.

Now who's the speed merchant then - as I told you before it was all John's fault last time.
Good job I fell by the way side - would not have been able to keep up on me Kwakasarki.

Paul,
Bike mag (who first tested the CR top speed at Bruntingthorpe and blew the MCN 145mph myth) - told me that the 200kph restriction was to comply with German stability regs which are very strict (fat granny plus luggage and full tank, poor tyres on a wet and windy day was how they explained it). If true that also p***** me off cos why shouild we in UK subject to German regs? Answer - "we get what Europe gets - like it or lump it". Now maybe our German friends have got it right - but just in case - where is that UKIP form? :008:).

A de restictor kit is available in Germany funnily enough - found it on ebay - being sold by German main Honda dealer. :138:
Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 11:58:43 AM by xrunjoe
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

* Recent Topics