Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: new member  (Read 1841 times)

mick53

on: August 20, 2012, 08:55:45 PM
 :017: hello chaps, got a deauville at the moment but think I am going to change to a crossrunner, this decision came by accident. I was at kent honda trying a cbf, had a chat with a bloke on a white runner, he said what a great bike it was and before you know it I'm testing a red one! What a grin this bike is, only decision is new or secondhand (going for a white one) I do a lot of camping and touring,  hope it fits the bill.One question, where do you put a sat nav,I use a car one in a zip up case, bars look to chunky for fixing bracket. Sorry for rambling on, thank again mr white runner :018: 

Shaunomercy

Re: new member
Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 10:19:49 PM
i use a so easy rider soft case for my satnav or phone.  goes round handlebars at each side no problem.
sw motech do a nice satnav bracket too.
camping and touring on the runner is not an issue.
the honda top box is a bit small but other than that no probs.
a 200 mile tank range IF you can behave with the throttle.  its comfy and quick.

paul
Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 10:24:10 PM by Shaunomercy

Smeagol

Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 10:30:43 PM
 :400:

Similar to Paul but use the Givi version.  Don't know about the So Easy Rider (but imagine it has similar problems to the Givi) can't see the screen of the SatNav due to reflection on the clear plastic of the bag without holding my hand over it to shield it.  Due to the way it attaches you can't get a good angle on the satnav to prevent this.  I only tend to use voice directions anyway so it doesn't make to much difference to me.

SW Motech make a bracket for the CR ( and a waterproof bag that connects to it), available from Motohaus in the UK, I had a bad experience with them (ordered it, they didn't tell me it was not in stock until after they had taken payment, it didn't turn up when they said it would so had to phone them to chase it and got the answer "Oh it didn't arrive in the shipment from Germany" so crap customer service and I won't ever use them. So if you want one of those order from Germany

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 10:36:51 PM
*Originally Posted by mick53 [+]
:017: hello chaps, got a deauville at the moment but think I am going to change to a crossrunner, this decision came by accident. I was at kent honda trying a cbf, had a chat with a bloke on a white runner, he said what a great bike it was and before you know it I'm testing a red one! What a grin this bike is, only decision is new or secondhand (going for a white one) I do a lot of camping and touring,  hope it fits the bill.One question, where do you put a sat nav,I use a car one in a zip up case, bars look to chunky for fixing bracket. Sorry for rambling on, thank again mr white runner :018:

That's OK I will tell Haidrian that he will have to put me on commision :002: If you buy from Kent M/Cs you will find that you get great service.
I hope to meet up with you down there again some time
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

recent