Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: getting the best deal or the after sales service.  (Read 2509 times)

Offline moey47

• Crossrunner Member
  • thunderbolts way
  • Bike: 2011 cr
  • City / Town: sydney
getting the best deal or the after sales service.
on: August 22, 2012, 08:39:02 AM
Hi everyone,
 I'm very new to all this forum thing ,this is my first post any where.What attracted me to this forum is that I'm in the process of buying a new crossrunner,and I read some of the posts and found it very informative,and you guys seem to have a wealth of knowlage,I'm from Sydney Australia,and have been riding now for the last 6 years on a yamaha ttr 250r, and it's time for an upgrade to a big bike, I've spent a good part of 3 months serching for the right bike . I've test ridden so many different bikes in serch for the right one,and for me the CR ticks all of the boxes.Now its a question of do I go for the best deal or look for the dealer with a better after sales service?. Do you guys think that buying extended warrantee is worth it,at $850 for 2 yrs extra, that gives you 4 yrs total, they all say its a manufactures spec warrantee, once my finance is approved im doin a deal.

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: getting the best deal or the after sales service.
Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 09:45:31 AM
Hi Moey, good to hear from you. My res[ponse is from UK owner perspective so Aussie guys may think differently..
I always think that "add ons" offered at time of purchase can be expensive so would look to see what the open market prices are. Also would want to compare the actual warranty cover against open market. I would also want to do this in my own good time and not be pushed into buying a warranty I won't need for a while before I buy the bike. Also what if you sell it within initial warranty period?? OK you would be selling it on with the extended warranty - but you maybe won't be able to increase the sale cost to get your money back. Also you may decide to have bike serviced by non Honda dealer or even do it yourself after initial warranty expires - maybe that would invalidate the extended warranty?? Lots to think about - buy the bike - its great.
 :028: :028:
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 09:58:01 AM
Hi Moey47. firstly  :400: to the forum. With regard to the extended warranty I completely agree with xrunjoe.. As to where to buy I personally would prefer to pay list price to a dealer with an excellent reputation for after sales service and with good mechanics than safe a few quid (dollars?) with a shop that hasn't got this sort of reputation
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

Offline moey47

• Crossrunner Member
  • thunderbolts way
Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 12:43:13 PM
*Originally Posted by xrunjoe [+]
Hi Moey, good to hear from you. My res[ponse is from UK owner perspective so Aussie guys may think differently..
I always think that "add ons" offered at time of purchase can be expensive so would look to see what the open market prices are. Also would want to compare the actual warranty cover against open market. I would also want to do this in my own good time and not be pushed into buying a warranty I won't need for a while before I buy the bike. Also what if you sell it within initial warranty period?? OK you would be selling it on with the extended warranty - but you maybe won't be able to increase the sale cost to get your money back. Also you may decide to have bike serviced by non Honda dealer or even do it yourself after initial warranty expires - maybe that would invalidate the extended warranty?? Lots to think about - buy the bike - its great.
 :028: :028:
thanks mate, very good point you make,I think I'll hold off on the extended warrantee for now.

Offline moey47

• Crossrunner Member
  • thunderbolts way
Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 01:02:03 PM
yes , that makes sense. cos all I'm thinking about is doing a deal and going for a good ride,I'll let you know how i go.
thanks.

Offline moey47

• Crossrunner Member
  • thunderbolts way
Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 01:13:54 PM
*Originally Posted by Rocker66 [+]
Hi Moey47. firstly  :400: to the forum. With regard to the extended warranty I completely agree with xrunjoe.. As to where to buy I personally would prefer to pay list price to a dealer with an excellent reputation for after sales service and with good mechanics than safe a few quid (dollars?) with a shop that hasn't got this sort of reputation
thanks for the advice, will take that on board :031:

recent