Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Pirelli Angel ST  (Read 6941 times)

Offline leathers999

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Andover
Pirelli Angel ST
on: August 24, 2012, 03:08:02 PM
Having a set fitted next Tuesday (cant stand the OE tyres any more) will let you know how I get on!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/motorbikes/5257743/Tyre-test-Pirelli-Angel-ST.html  for info.

Smeagol

Re: Pirelli Angel ST
Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 04:12:31 PM
Be interesting to see how you get on with them, I haven't heard much about them expecially with everyone (it seems) raving about Pilot Roads.

Bit of a poor review by Kevin, I expect a bit more indepth from him.  Quite an old piece as well, May 2009.

Lots of gimmicky ideas on the tyre ( which makes me suspicious ), hope it performs well for you.

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 04:34:24 PM
I agree about the age of Ash report - since 2009 other tyres have moved on a bit.
He must have had a good lunch on Ducato ir something and needed to pull something out for them.
Hope they are OK though - they appear to have significantly different tread cut to mainstream which is similar approach to Mich PR3 so be interested to learn how they go.
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Offline mrvelcrofast

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800X,VFR750FV
  • City / Town: London
Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 07:39:06 PM
I had nail in rear on the OE Pirellis this week.
I was so tempted to get another set of tyres fitted instead of getting the puncture fixed, but there was still lots of tread left so had to get it fixed.
Not long till the rear is history ... I reckon another 4K max ... bike has done 5K miles now.

Also dropped the forks through 1cm and fitted a set of bar risers .... such a change. Bike handles so much better.

Offline leathers999

• Crossrunner Master
Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 08:49:34 PM
Pirelli Angel ST Tire Review

I think this review is a bit more helpful!

By the way......why is no one interested in naked photos of me in my hotel room in Vegas??? :084:

Shaunomercy

Re: Re: Pirelli Angel ST
Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 10:47:58 PM
*Originally Posted by mrvelcrofast [+]
I had nail in rear on the OE Pirellis this week.
I was so tempted to get another set of tyres fitted instead of getting the puncture fixed, but there was still lots of tread left so had to get it fixed.
Not long till the rear is history ... I reckon another 4K max ... bike has done 5K miles now.

Also dropped the forks through 1cm and fitted a set of bar risers .... such a change. Bike handles so much better.
what bar risers you used ?
paul

Offline mrvelcrofast

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800X,VFR750FV
  • City / Town: London
Re: Re: Pirelli Angel ST
Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 12:40:57 PM
*Originally Posted by Shaunomercy [+]
what bar risers you used ?
paul
30mm same as these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180923789996
slightly too long for the throttle cables tbh (notice there's no throttle cable slack on full right hand lock!), but comfort is superb.
Bike is much better through traffic now .... bars and mirrors not inline with car ones!

Offline leathers999

• Crossrunner Master
Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 02:52:05 PM
Quick report - Angels are VERY good - stuck like glue round the twisties in North Wales on Saturday and where very good in the monsoon on the way home Sunday, never lost grip once and never felt as if they would - very solid grip in wet and dry.

Offline spannerman35

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: vfr800x/cb1000r
  • City / Town: Runcorn
Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 11:16:51 AM
I went from bridgestone to Angel st tyres on my ST1300....What a difference...Bike was superb in wet and dry...My Crossrunner is far to new to require new tyres as yet....

Offline leathers999

• Crossrunner Master
Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 09:35:08 AM
I changed the OE Scorpions after 750 miles!! could not stand the lack of feedback and rubbish wet weather performance any longer. Glad I did as it is like riding a different bike now!  :046: