Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Anybody in/near Slough?  (Read 4123 times)

Offline Slidy

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Cleobury
Anybody in/near Slough?
on: August 29, 2012, 12:38:02 AM
Just wondering if there is anybody in or very near Slough who could do me a great favour?

A mate and his wife, after 3,500 miles to Slovakia and back, came a cropper on their way home today on the M40. Two cars in front of them collided, the van behind swerved into their lane while braking hard, and they had nowhere to go, except into the back of said van.

Ive just been down to Slough hospital to pick them up, thankfully walking wounded - broken ribs, broken shoulder, and severe bruising.  When we went to the place the bike was recovered to, at a place called Iver, they were all locked up, with no phone number to call (24 hour my ar*e!). As its a good 6 hour round trip, i could do with not having to drive down again tomorrow to collect their luggage.

If the recovery people don't play ball, We could do with somebody maybe going round there, banding together the panniers, top box, and dry bag and organising a courier. . . . . I know its a lot to ask, but if anybody is in a position to help it would be greatly appreciated.
PM me and we can arrange to pay for the courier, give address etc.
A free meal, and cuppas galore will be yours at the Stratford meet, along with sincere gratitude!

Ride safe all

Alan

Offline Slidy

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Cleobury
Re: Anybody in/near Slough?
Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 12:56:49 PM
OK, now the dust has settled, Carole Nash are arranging to sort this out for him.

Manged to get a laugh out of him, which he regretted with broken ribs

'Look on the bright side, One less bloody GS on the road . . . ever thought of a crossrunner? . . '