Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: First Ride  (Read 2054 times)

Offline ZeonBlue

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner Red
  • City / Town: Alloa
First Ride
on: August 29, 2012, 02:52:00 PM
Picked up my Red Crossrunner yesterday in Edinburgh, I have not been on a bike for about 27 years and the last bike I had was a Suzuki GS1000G.

Went in to the shop and paid the balance on the bike then I was shown around the bike, I was OK, I wasn't nervous, so I wondered around the shop and bought a pair of gloves that I felt had a little more tactile feedback as opposed to the winter ones I had bought.
So gear on I climbed aboard, fired her up, first gear, clutch out, stall!!!.  :005: :152:.
So fired her up again and I exited the yard to the road, waited until the road was well clear, pulled out and opened the throttle in a orderly fashion.
Jesus, it was like a wild stallion pulling away, Im like Whoa, shut down the throttle a little and gained my composure, anyway some 200 miles later its starting to come back to me, my cornering sucks no end but I figure its better to be a little wary than being over confident and that will remedy itself over time.
I do a lot of cycling so my road sense is fine which is a bonus, the crazy thing I found was each time I got off the bike then back on, for about 30 secs I kept thinking I have forgot to do something then I realised motorcycles don't have seat belts  :164:

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: First Ride
Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 03:35:06 PM
Hi ZB  :028: sounds like you are quickly back into the swing of things and hope you enjoy the CR.
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Offline ZeonBlue

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner Red
  • City / Town: Alloa
Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 05:26:35 PM
cheers mate.

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 06:47:41 PM
Hi mate welcome back to the wonderful world of motorcycling. As you have found somethings have really changed however the joy of riding and meeting fellow riders hasn't
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

recent