Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Owner of one brand new crossrunner  (Read 1845 times)

Offline moey47

• Crossrunner Member
  • thunderbolts way
  • Bike: 2011 cr
  • City / Town: sydney
Owner of one brand new crossrunner
on: September 03, 2012, 09:07:06 AM
G'day everyone,I finally got to pick up my brand new crossrunner today, from Action Honda at Parramatta, and I can now say that I'm the proud owner of this wonderful piece of machinery. The ride home was exhilarating, I was told to.. just ride it as normal, avoid sharp acceleration,don't redline it ,and try to avoid heavy braking.If there is anything else I need to do or not to do during running in period, I'm all ears. The tyres needed to be 'scrubbed in' for the first 100K's, so to be careful at roundabouts and u turns,is this with all bike road tyres?,the bike performs great in all aspects, and I just love the way that engine sounds through the smooth gear changes. If there's anyone out there in the Sydney metro area that's looking for an upgrade or a new bike, I can strongly recommend the team at Action Parramatta,they certainly looked after me,and I was very pleased with the whole process of buying my first brand new road bike from a dealer.I tried to post some photos but they were too large,  how do you reduce the size of pictures? for viewing.
thanks,

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: Owner of one brand new crossrunner
Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 09:57:41 AM
Well done mate - nice black bike there  :028:

To get photos sorted suggest you use an image hosting web site - try www.photobucket.com. Basically you up load your pics to this site, create albums, edit individual pics and use the built in "copy" facility to paste them into web sites (including posting on here - when u just paste them straight into your posting box) or share with friends.
Just follow the instructions and am sure you will be OK. Look forward to seeing some pics when u have sussed it all out.
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 04:07:08 PM
Hi and welcome you really picked a good bike.
I see that you got a black one. Why was that didn't they have a nice white one :008:
As to your question about the tyres yes that is standard practise with new ones
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

Offline Mitch

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Honda VFR800X
  • City / Town: Sydney
Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 10:06:30 PM
 :400: to the forum,

great choice.

I test rode the CR at Action Parra, but ended up getting an ex demo from SCM lane cove.
How did you find the service at Action?
Oh Sh*t!' is usually the moment when your plan parts ways with reality

Offline moey47

• Crossrunner Member
  • thunderbolts way
  • Bike: 2011 cr
  • City / Town: sydney
Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 01:38:41 AM
I found the team at Action Parramatta very helpfull with excellent customer relations,got introduced to the spare parts guy, and the mechanics, I was dealing with Glen and Parker,

the black looks hot contrasting with the silver alloy frame. :001: :001: :001:

recent