Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: CROSSRUNNER ON THE ISLE OF WIGHT  (Read 2509 times)

Offline moonshadow

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: crossrunner
CROSSRUNNER ON THE ISLE OF WIGHT
on: September 09, 2012, 10:50:19 PM
HI, I TOOK DELIVERY OF A BLACK CROSSRUNNER LAST WEEK, PURCHASED FROM FARNHAM HONDA. I REPLACED MY BRAND NEW VFR 1200F IN EXCHANGE FOR THE CROSSRUNNER. THE VFR IS A TERRIFIC BIKE BUT ALAS MY WRISTS AND ARMS COULD TAKE NO MORE PAIN.THE CROSSRUNNER IS A JOY TO RIDE AND THE FUN FACTOR PUTS A BIG GRIN ACROSS MY VISOR.I HAVE ORDERED A REAR HUGGER FROM SKID MARX AND NOW TRYING TO DECIDE WHAT EXHAUST REPLACEMENT TO CHOOSE.(ANY SUGGESTIONS)

RIDE SAFE.  :030:

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
Re: CROSSRUNNER ON THE ISLE OF WIGHT
Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 08:13:40 AM
Hi welcome to the forum. It seems that the Crossrunner is a popular replacement for the VFR1200. The first 2 Crossrunners my dealer sold had VFR1200s traded in against them including my DCT model.
May I just add a polite note that it is not considered good etiquette  to post in uppercase as it is deemed to be shouting
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 11:43:49 AM
Hi moonshadow and welcome. :031:
I remember going into the Honda dealer in Ventnor once - about the time the VFR1200 came out I think is it still there?
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Offline moonshadow

• Crossrunner Junior
Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 10:11:41 PM
Hi, Yes Church street motors is still there, nothing changes very quickly on the Island. Unfortunately garages like this cannot offer deals or competetive prices like the the big dealers can.Ive been out for a ride tonight, running the bike in etc. 45 miles of scenic sea views and countryside, perfect roads for the crossrunner. 150 miles on the clock now and still smiling.  :169: best regards.

Offline moonshadow

• Crossrunner Junior
Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 03:53:11 PM
*Originally Posted by Rocker66 [+]
Hi welcome to the forum. It seems that the Crossrunner is a popular replacement for the VFR1200. The first 2 Crossrunners my dealer sold had VFR1200s traded in against them including my DCT model.
May I just add a polite note that it is not considered good etiquette  to post in uppercase as it is deemed to be shouting