Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Long lead times . . . .  (Read 2184 times)

Offline Whistler

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR 800 X
  • City / Town: Southsea
Long lead times . . . .
on: September 25, 2012, 08:56:53 PM
I came home last weekend after buying my CR and immediately placed an order for a mainstand, Luggage rack and pannier rails from Hepco & Becker.  :152:

That was 10 days ago. Then I got an email today from Moto-bins to tell me my order was on it's way from Germany. However, the pannier rails would not ship before mid October!!  :019:

I'm not at all impressed by how slow they were to process the order and that they don't have the things on stock.  :151:  I struggle to believe that they have been overwhelmed by demand for CR stuff!  :009:

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: Long lead times . . . .
Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 09:16:45 PM
Frustrating I agree - had similar from Skidmarx re hugger. I think the problem is that they make to order for bikes where volume sales unlikely. Put another way - they don't want to be sat on a load of stock for the CR when there is little demand - multiply that by loads of models and you have a recipe for bankruptcy.
You sound like me - "I want it and I want it NOW!!" - hope they deliver early.
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Offline Whistler

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR 800 X
  • City / Town: Southsea
Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 10:53:41 PM
*Originally Posted by xrunjoe [+]
You sound like me - "I want it and I want it NOW!!" - hope they deliver early.
I can be a bit like that, especially when it comes to my new toys!  :026:

I went to the Post Office this morning thinking it had all arrived. Turned out to be two rolls of sticky tape!  :012:
The good news is . . . My Beowulf can is ready for collection after work tomorrow  :047:

Offline SwissVFR

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 87VFR + 2011CR
  • City / Town: St-Legier
Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 01:23:51 PM
*Originally Posted by Whistler [+]
The good news is . . . My Beowulf can is ready for collection after work tomorrow  :047:

I'd be interested to know how you rate the performance (not just the noise level) with the new can - better, same or worse...

--sv

recent