Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Disappointing experience  (Read 3406 times)

Offline meep

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Reading
Disappointing experience
on: October 04, 2012, 11:11:07 PM
Hi guys,

I got my Crossrunner two months ago and have really enjoyed the bike!

The trouble is out of those two months I've only been able to ride it for two weeks :(

After two weeks I was rear ended on it... Took 4 weeks for the rear plastics to come in from Japan and be fixed...

The day I got it back from repairs I was delighted :) well... until the electrics failed and the battery died meaning I had to get a tow home. Turns out the wiring loom was fitted in the bike incorrectly and wore on the front fairing. So it's now being replaced under warranty which will apparently take another fortnight to get the parts and replace the wiring.

So it's been in the garage longer than I have owned it and I've missed riding this Summer.

What's more I am being offered no complimentary bike while my bike is being fixed under warranty so am paying a load out in train fares.

Just a bit of a rant really :) I've complained to Honda. I should really be on a complimentary bike in my reckoning so lets see what comes back.

Offline leathers999

• Crossrunner Master
  • City / Town: Andover
Re: Disappointing experience
Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 09:16:21 AM
How unlucky can one guy be!!  Shame you have had these problems but when its back you can get on and enjoy it!! Come on a ride out with us sometime and have a laugh to forget the blues  :152:

Offline meep

• Crossrunner Junior
  • City / Town: Reading
Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 11:50:48 PM
Just a quick one to say I've now (eventually) received a replacement bike - missed biking alot so glad to be back on board!

Offline Whistler

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR 800 X
  • City / Town: Southsea
Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 06:34:39 PM

*Originally Posted by meep [+]
Just a quick one to say I've now (eventually) received a replacement bike - missed biking alot so glad to be back on board!
:062:  Happy days  :152:

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 06:58:47 PM
*Originally Posted by meep [+]
Great news. Let's hope that you get some nice days to enjoy the bike before winter really sets in
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 01:21:02 PM
That's good to hear meep - as an ex CR owner - I just know you will enjoy it.
Some of the guys are meeeting Newbury/Andover way sunday 21st - if you fancy joining - send PM to leathers or gttb and they will give you the gen.
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

recent