nordkapp

Views: 152
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst
IMG 2655

Views: 292
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Ello peeps  (Read 1311 times)

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
Ello peeps
« on: August 24, 2011, 08:10:29 PM »
Hi, just trade Suzuki GSX1250F 10 plate for a new Crossrunner.
Why???

Fixxer 1250 is a great all rounder with a fantastic engine and I have done over 16k miles in 14 months including various longer trips - eg 3000 miler to Alps in July. But..I came to realise that I wanted something different - a more upright/heads up riding position -maybe something a bit more wacky - but did not want to lose much in terms of performance.

Not many bikes fitted the bill - Triumph Tigers too high for me, Vstrom and Versys 650's lack power, new Kwakka Z1000sx nearly it but too sports orientated -big traillies like GS1200 not for me and a Multistrada a bit OTT (although fits most of the bill - too much gadgetry for me and a tad tippy toe as well). So - I decide to try a Xrunner @ Grantham Honda.

100 yards up the road and I was smiling already. Played with traffic on A1M while I got used to gearing etc and then took to the backroad to Ancaster - by which time I was grinning like a chesire cat.There are loads of things I will ned to adjust to but the ride suits me fine.

Enough for now - will start reading through posts - see what I can learn.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 08:14:53 PM by xrunjoe »
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

recent