Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: My First CR experience "off road"  (Read 2627 times)

Offline Mitch

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Honda VFR800X
  • City / Town: Sydney
My First CR experience "off road"
on: October 10, 2012, 09:29:07 PM
Last weekend I finally got to take the CR out onto a few quiet dirt "roads". Only about 10kms of varying levels of gravel and dirt on the way to my pals place where I was stopping the night.
I was quite happy chugging along at around 40-50km/h, the CR handled it very well, although I don't know if I`d want to try it on anything much worse.
Needless to say the CR handled it much better than my mates BMW S1000RR  :153:

nativedogcreek by maniacalmitch, on Flickr

Has anybody else taken the CR off road for any distance? and if so, how did you get on?
Oh Sh*t!' is usually the moment when your plan parts ways with reality

Offline SwissVFR

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 87VFR + 2011CR
  • City / Town: St-Legier
Re: My First CR experience "off road"
Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 09:48:11 PM
Yes, I did a couple of weekends ago and I have video...   :017:  It was mostly pretty hard packed but it was dirt and gravel...  I was waiting for some time to edit the video and maybe try to put some music to it, but the time never happened and won't for awhile yet, so I will upload it to UTube raw, it will take awhile to load as it's a 24 min vid, so maybe it will be there in a couple of hours...  I'll repost when it's up.  --sv

Offline SwissVFR

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 87VFR + 2011CR
  • City / Town: St-Legier
Re: My First CR experience "off road"
Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 11:19:21 PM
OK, should be up in a couple of minutes...  Sorry for the length (24 minutes).  It's a small road "over the hill" that just keeps getting narrower and narrower until it turns into a hard pack dirt track.  I don't know how many km of dirt it was, there's about 9 minutes worth.  Dirt starts about 12m 50s into the video.  Another "highlight" at about 17 minutes in where I take a wrong turn, realize it about 100 yards later and do a turn around on the grass hillside (20 seconds of real "off road"!)  I have the downside from the same day (continuing on from the end of the first video and the posted pic), I guess I'll upload that as well.

http://www.youtube.com/user/swissvfr?feature=results_main
(Video: Sembrancher-Planches)
Cheers, --sv