Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: More or less stickers?  (Read 2752 times)

Offline Whistler

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR 800 X
  • City / Town: Southsea
More or less stickers?
on: October 10, 2012, 10:55:33 PM

ali

Re: More or less stickers?
Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 11:35:01 AM
Hi whistler,will all the logos be removed before the ride out.Won't catch me riding naked in this weather. Catch you later .Ali.

Offline SwissVFR

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 87VFR + 2011CR
  • City / Town: St-Legier
Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 01:03:54 PM
*Originally Posted by Whistler [+]
It is amazing how removing all this litter can clean up and enhance the look of a bike. All that will remain, will be the tank logos and possibly the screen 'Honda' logo, as it is quite subdued.

I removed all the stickers I could from my original VFR(87) - the tank logo and the VFR 750 were lacquered over so those stayed, it was much nicer w/o the graphics (you still see it in my avatar).  I have been thinking along the same line for the CR, and even I thought I could order the Honda tank sticker from a black CR (which is white) and put it on my white one to have a very subtle "white on white" effect.

--sv

Offline Whistler

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 08:43:08 PM
*Originally Posted by ali [+]
Hi whistler,will all the logos be removed before the ride out.Won't catch me riding naked in this weather. Catch you later .Ali.
Possibly, but it is not a job to be rushed!  :017:

Offline Whistler

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 08:46:39 PM
*Originally Posted by SwissVFR [+]
I removed all the stickers I could from my original VFR(87) - the tank logo and the VFR 750 were lacquered over so those stayed, it was much nicer w/o the graphics (you still see it in my avatar).  I have been thinking along the same line for the CR, and even I thought I could order the Honda tank sticker from a black CR (which is white) and put it on my white one to have a very subtle "white on white" effect.

--sv
I don't mind the wings on the tank as they are logos rather than text. That said, I rather like your idea of the white on white look. If you do ever try it, then please post pics  :028:

recent