Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: pillion / passenger confort  (Read 2996 times)

Offline rodrigodiego

• Crossrunner Junior
  • City / Town: porto
pillion / passenger confort
on: October 12, 2012, 08:09:38 PM
hello honda crossrunner owners:)

I am thinking to buy a cr but i'm worried about the confort of the back passenger. I want to travel long distances with my girldfriend I want to know if the back seat is confortable to travel.

regards

Offline meep

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Reading
Re: pillion / passenger confort
Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 11:49:59 PM
Hi,

My girlfriend finds it comfortable. The pillion handgrips are sensibly placed and there's lots of room seating wise.

The luggage also includes a backrest.

She does slip a bit in waterproofs and it can be awkward getting on and off with the panniers...

Offline gatesy

• Crossrunner Member
  • Tyres down saddle up!
  • Bike: crossrunner
  • City / Town: Le Bosc Renoult
Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 02:06:22 PM
*Originally Posted by rodrigodiego [+]
hello honda crossrunner owners:)

I am thinking to buy a cr but i'm worried about the confort of the back passenger. I want to travel long distances with my girldfriend I want to know if the back seat is confortable to travel.

regards

Hi Rodrigo

We found the original seat to be too hard and uncomfortable for my wife. It was also too low and flat resulting in her staring at the back of my jacket and not enjoying the ride. A re-cover by Top Sellerie to our own dimensions cured the problem, E230 and we now have done some 20K Kms in comfort. Alterations took about a week, but luckily they are about 30mins drive from us so also very convenient.
I'm sure there will be a similar company near you and I can recommend this method.

John
Tel; 02 33 35 85 84 for TLC if in trouble or even in the area.
Code postale; 61470

Offline TroggysRevenge

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Brisbane
Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 04:37:50 AM
My wife loves the back seat, as long as the top box is fitted to give her a backrest.  The handles seem well positioned for her and the pegs are in the right spot.

A tip for helping your passenger onto the Crossrunner - once you're on and holding the bike steady, have her use the riders left footpeg to stand up on, then once she's swung her right leg over and sitting down she can scootch her feet back to the pillion footpegs and you're ready to go.

The riders pegs are lower down and closer to the bikes centreline, so she is much less likely to pull the bike down as she climbs aboard, and it's much easier for her if you have panniers fitted.  Just make sure she's moved her feet back before you ride off!

recent