Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Hepco & Becker Luggage fitted . . . .  (Read 4061 times)

Offline Whistler

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR 800 X
  • City / Town: Southsea
Hepco & Becker Luggage fitted . . . .
on: October 21, 2012, 11:42:07 PM
Collected the pannier rails Friday at long last and fit them Saturday. I had to take a mallet and an angle grinder to the left pannier mounting bracket  :013: but other than that it all went together well enough. Erm, other than the battle I had refitting the stop light  . . . . . . . and the fact that I cross wired the indicators!  :034:
The quick locks mean the rails can be released for removal in seconds. The cross brace however, requires the removal of four bolts. I intend to see if I can make the cross brace installation/removal a bit slicker. I reckon it should be possible to install or remove luggage and rails in less than 30 seconds.

One pics shows the bike fully loaded. The other with luggage and rails removed.
Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 11:45:59 PM by Whistler

Offline RobSherratt

• Crossrunner Junior
  • City / Town: Corfu
Re: Hepco & Becker Luggage fitted . . . .
Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 10:58:31 AM
Whistler,

Thanks a lot for the pics, the H&B luggage looks really nice on your Crossrunner.  Is the luggage the "Journey" range, and what size top box did you get?

Best regards,
Rob

Offline Whistler

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 10:09:36 AM
*Originally Posted by RobSherratt [+]
Whistler,

Thanks a lot for the pics, the H&B luggage looks really nice on your Crossrunner.  Is the luggage the "Journey" range, and what size top box did you get?

Best regards,
Rob
Hi Rob, the luggage is the 'Junior' range. Panniers are 30 litres each and the top box is 42 litres. The top box will take two full face helmets.

Any of the H&B luggage ranges will fit the rails. If I were to go touring two up, I might go in search of some 40 litre panniers. It would be a bit of a wide load though with 40 litre Juniors  :033:

Offline leathers999

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Andover
Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 11:14:50 AM
Whistler  that garage is far too neat and tidy!!  its a sign of a sick mind you know  :112:

Offline Whistler

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 12:48:07 PM
*Originally Posted by leathers999 [+]
Whistler  that garage is far too neat and tidy!!  its a sign of a sick mind you know  :112:
If I turned the camera around, you would have no such fears for my mental health!  :034:
At least not because of the tidiness of my garage anyway . . . . .   :156:

Offline Landy1000

• Crossrunner Junior
Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 09:31:32 AM
Hi Whistler,
Just ordering the H&B rack - I was wondering though does it leave big gaps where the original pillion handles went and fill up with water etc flicked up by the tyre? Also does the body trim all attach OK to the rack as looking at the trim it also attaches to the original Hponda pillion handles.

I get the rack in another week but interested in your experience to date.

Cheers Landy