Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: FRIGHTENING EXPERIANCE  (Read 3394 times)

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
FRIGHTENING EXPERIANCE
on: November 04, 2012, 07:36:12 AM
Riding to work in the dark & rain this morning I approached a section of road well known for retaining standing water. As I rode up to it I could see that the water stretched right across the road and was few inches deep. I switched on my hazzard lights and entered the water at around walking pace. Suddenly a car coming in the  opposite direction started to accelerate as it approached the water I was expecting a bit of a bow wave but what I wasn't expecting was for the water to go right over the top of my head. Unfourtunately I had my visor up so as I rode into what was virtually a wall of water not only could I not see but as the water went up my nose I had a problem breathing. Luckily the NC didn't stall although as the water hit it almost came to a stand  but I managed to stay upright. I'm not  ashamed to admit that I had to stop for a couple of minutes as I was well shaken. In my 49 years of riding this is the first time that I have experianced anything quite like that. The good thing was that all my riding gear remaind water tight
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

Shaunomercy

Re: FRIGHTENING EXPERIANCE
Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 01:55:14 PM
Id have turned round and got his / her number plate.  That clearly was done deliberately and id have reported them to the police.

Paul

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 02:55:58 PM
By the time I had stopped wiped the water out of my eyes and cleared my nose and turned around they would have been gone and could have taken any one of several turnings
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

Offline TroggysRevenge

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Brisbane
Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 07:57:29 AM
Glad you were OK  :028:
Over here it's an unwritten rule that you don't enter the water while another vehicle is crossing - unfortunately its happens sometimes though!
I have to ford a small stream on my way to work most mornings - sometimes it rises as high as the footpegs.  I've had the occasional cold shower from a car coming the other way!  Just keep your visor down and be ready to hold your breath!  :012: :005:

recent