Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Crossrunner exhaust lenght  (Read 2048 times)

Offline spannerman35

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: vfr800x/cb1000r
  • City / Town: Runcorn
Crossrunner exhaust lenght
on: November 05, 2012, 01:19:52 PM
Hi all I am new to forum....I already own a 2012 CB1000R and I have just ordered a Crossrunner as a second plaything.....

How long is the exhaust end can on the crossrunner? I am thinking of shortening the original can so the exhaust can ends about 2cm after the footrest mounting and removing the inside to give a deeper tone.

I like the look of the original can but would prefer it shorter to show off back back wheel and give the system a deeper tone?

Also, are these the same wheels as fitted to the cb1000r? if so I may look for a nice gold coloured set to go with the red Crossrunner when I pick it up next week

Shaunomercy

Re: Crossrunner exhaust lenght
Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 04:49:39 PM
Before you chop the exhaust you may want to google vfr vtec exhaust gut.

Its an easy job on the vtec 800f however on the crossrunner I suspect it will not be as easy due to lack of heat shield to cover weld.  The exhausts are double skinned.
The only place I can see to chop is behind the small exhaust shield.  But that weld is at a point where I suspect there is a stress point.

Paul

Offline spannerman35

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: vfr800x/cb1000r
  • City / Town: Runcorn
Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 11:08:41 AM
Thanks for reply.......
Hmmmmm...Very intresting, I have just ordered a link pipe from Beowulf so I can use an exhaust on the Crossrunner while I pull the new Honda one apart.....

Has anyone got any pics of the Beowulf Warrior exhaust on their bikes?

Offline lenny w

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: knot end on sea
Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 08:50:46 PM
Should still be some pics here for you, if you want any area specific just ask and i'll try to sort it for you, :028:   https://www.honda-crossrunner.com/index.php/topic,269.msg2096.html#msg2096
Don't Ride Faster Than Your Angels Can Fly.
Mods so far
Beowulf warrior end can, Puig touring screen, r&g bar end weights, r&g swing arm protector, Pazzo shorty levers, Givi top box and rack,Oxford heated grips, Rim tape, Zumo 220 sat nav, Baglux tank cover